Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap LS460, the fun starts...

Really enjoying the thread. With regards to LPG, and shoot me if I am wrong but there used to be problems with fitting any LPG system to a 460. Just check it out before you set your heart and mind onto the install. Mike.

• Like 1

Hi Peter

I enquired for you if they could check history from your VIN no. and this was the response. If you are interested. It's classic Irish No means yes.

Stevan from Motorcheck

16:42 (3 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to jon
cleardot.gif

Hi Jon,
Unfortunately not. But if you can send to us VIN number we would be able provide to you both Irish and UK registrations. In this case you need to perform two checks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Really enjoying the thread. With regards to LPG, and shoot me if I am wrong but there used to be problems with fitting any LPG system to a 460. Just check it out before you set your heart and mind onto the install. Mike.

I've never said anything about putting LPG on the 460..... At present it's not really an option...

There are a couple of LPG manufacturers looking at injecting liquid LPG through the petrol injectors but they are a way off still....

3 minutes ago, jonthetourist said:

Hi Peter

I enquired for you if they could check history from your VIN no. and this was the response. If you are interested. It's classic Irish No means yes.

Stevan from Motorcheck

16:42 (3 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to jon
cleardot.gif

Hi Jon,
Unfortunately not. But if you can send to us VIN number we would be able provide to you both Irish and UK registrations. In this case you need to perform two checks.

Cheers for that, very kind of you.... I'll email them...

1 hour ago, Haylands said:

I've never said anything about putting LPG on the 460..... At present it's not really an option...

There are a couple of LPG manufacturers looking at injecting liquid LPG through the petrol injectors but they are a way off still....

Apologies It was the LPG at the bottom of each page for a 430 that through me.

2 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Really enjoying the thread.  Mike.

So am I! Your previous cars look superb - you a very welcome to be OCD on mine anytime!

Very interested in your progress - adding photos enhances the thread. Good luck!

Thanks guys....

Sorted the exhaust tips this evening, had to do some panel beating first, one had a big dent in it....

(All the muck on it is tarmac that has been thrown up from the rear wheel, this side is behind the bumper so I gave it a little clean up but not too much)

Photo%2023-01-2017%2018%2033%2035_zps0fz

Thats a big dent across the middle of it, it should look like this... (it's the other one so it's a mirror image)

Photo%2023-01-2017%2018%2033%2042_zpsndv

Soon had it shipshape, well, exhaust shape... I put a large metal bar in the vice and panel beat it till it looked OK...

Photo%2023-01-2017%2018%2039%2009_zpskuq

I then had to drill out and tap 5 out of the six fixing holes, they are M6 threads, luckily I had some A2 stainless M6 flange bolts so they will fit back on OK...

Photo%2023-01-2017%2022%2046%2035_zpsgpp 

Then gave them a sand down with 240grit in the DA sander and finally polished the stainless to a good shine, then cleaned off, etch primed and stonechipped the internals...

Before...

Photo%2023-01-2017%2018%2054%2016_zpsqci

Finished, don't look too bad...

Photo%2023-01-2017%2022%2046%2026_zpsoog

They need a final polish but the paint shop won't thank me if I introduce wax etc into their environment....!!! I'll do it when they are on the car and it's back with me...

(the dodgy looking bits are reflections, it all looks very good... no pitting etc...)

• Like 4

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it..

Popped in this morning to drop the exhaust trims off, there was quite a lot of car park rash down the doors so they have primed and blocked them back, it's not far away from receiving the top coat, that will have been done today, they will flat and polish it in the morning so should get it back sometime tomorrow...

There was a small amount of damage to the rear inner edge of the drivers door, you can just see the yellow primer where the front door is cracked open...

Photo%2024-01-2017%2009%2001%2041_zpswgb

Photo%2024-01-2017%2009%2001%2030_zpstgl

I know I haven't had it long but I'm missing it so I'm looking forward to getting it back...:thumbsup:

• Like 2

They had two jobs cancel on Monday, I only went to talk about it, was going to do the mechanicals first but they were all stood around looking bored so I left it...

Suspension arms won't be here till Friday anyway......

• Like 1

Just ordered the brakes, I had decided on the standard EBC range as these are very good, I've used them before, they quote...

Ultimax2 high quality OE replacement brake pads are manufactured in the UK and are type approved for your vehicle. Designed for long life with minimal dust and featuring Brake-In coating for faster bed-in.

One pair of premium OE quality replacement brake discs, precision cast from G3000 iron, surface ground and black Geomet coated for corrosion resistance. These discs are runout tested and are an exact replacement for manufacturer discs.

This brake kit provides the perfect combination for general street use.

The Geomet coating appeals to be, hopefully the top hats will stay rust free... (Well I can hope....)

I was impressed with the GOLD members discount...A full 30%... £82.05 covers the years membership and still gives a good discount...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Screen%20Shot%2001-24-17%20at%2007.25%20

16 minutes ago, Normski said:

I always like the debadged look - worth doing while it's getting paint/polished? Thoughts?

Sorry, I'm with David, the Lexus badging is very nice, it's discreet and elegant and I like it, I shall have the cotton buds out polishing around them when I get it back...!!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Shock horror and indignation! Which ones?

Last one was daughters Colt, the letters are just too big on a black car... (her's is a CZ2 and had a big "1.3" badge the other side as well, don't have a before pic..)

$_1.JPG

We think it looks much better after...

i%202_zpsk4r375yp.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Haylands said:

Last one was daughters Colt, the letters are just too big on a black car... (her's is a CZ2 and had a big "1.3" badge the other side as well, don't have a before pic..)

$_1.JPG

We think it looks much better after...

i%202_zpsk4r375yp.jpg

You are not wrong that looked hideous. I have also debadged cars, main reason catching the letters when washing.

Had a phone call from the paint shop this morning, what we thought were just hard water marks on the bonnet and roof are in fact some chemical that has eaten right through the clear coat and will not polish out, sods law the worst bit is just above the driver's door... They really didn't look that bad but it looks like whatever it was softened the paint right through to the undercoat then hardened again, they used 2000grit on a DA and they go flat with little effort but you can see the paint underneath has pickled.... You can't see them from 3 feet away and they wouldn't photo but I'm fussy so they are getting sorted...

That's another £200 on the bill to paint the roof and bonnet...  just the bootlid and recently resprayed front bumper have survived...

Still, should look like new when they're done though.......