Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Seat Trim

That horrible plastic trim between the rear seats  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Best option to cover the horrible plastic trim between the rear seats

• Alufibre/Texalium (OEM to match the console)
    • Carbon Fibre
    • Leather

Alufibre. I'd have to have the rear matching the center console.
Shame they have to make it hard plastic to start with. All down to legislation and making sure not one mistakes it for a seat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I thought this would look good but I guess you knew this was coming 😋

:whip:IMG_2373.JPG

Typical!!!!!!!!!!!! If it would burn I am sure he would run his car on it:whip:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark G said:

Typical!!!!!!!!!!!! If it would burn I am sure he would run his car on it:whip:

Sorry I will behave now be nice to me I'm ill got b..... SHINGLES on my face over one eye and ear, better go now Mrs Rat has told to go to bed 😷

Big Rat

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

oSorry I will behave now be nice to me I'm ill got b..... SHINGLES on my face over one eye and ear, better go now Mrs Rat has told to go to bed 😷

Big Rat

Sorry to here that Paul, hope it clears up soon.

Looked in to this and to get the same silver weave the part had to come from the states and was over 800 pounds! Pete had made up but the colour wasn't an exact match. I just left it in the end. 

48 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Looked in to this and to get the same silver weave the part had to come from the states and was over 800 pounds! Pete had made up but the colour wasn't an exact match. I just left it in the end. 

I've sent off to have a small test part knocked up with a company I found who can do the Alufibre skinning.  I think the trick is in the top coat/lacquer which has a slight yellow hue with OEM. Once the part is back I will update further. My initial thoughts was to try and match the Alufibre, if not, leather it in black or ISF blue. 

13 hours ago, emjay82 said:

I've sent off to have a small test part knocked up with a company I found who can do the Alufibre skinning.  I think the trick is in the top coat/lacquer which has a slight yellow hue with OEM. Once the part is back I will update further. My initial thoughts was to try and match the Alufibre, if not, leather it in black or ISF blue. 

Mark

Is that easycomposites.co.uk in Staffs.

Big Rat

13 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Mark

Big Rat

15 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Mark

Big Rat

M-tec but funny enough I ordered some Alufibre from easycomposites which is a close weave pattern and sent M-tec the link. I think the trick will be mixing the right lacquer to match the oem. Might need the help of a paint shop to get that bit right.  

14 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Thanx matey I'm over your way in the next week or so for a quite fancy a beer somewhere.

🐀

If you let me know I will check where I am, during the week I could be anywhere.

I'll post how my test piece comes out next to OEM,  it will be a few weeks. If successful then we can always try a group buy. I'm 70% resigned to the fact if wont look quite right but fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

M-tec but funny enough I ordered some Alufibre from easycomposites which is a close weave pattern and sent M-tec the link. I think the trick will be mixing the right lacquer to match the oem. Might need the help of a paint shop to get that bit right.  

I agree.

Big Rat

2 minutes ago, Mark G said:

If you let me know I will check where I am, during the week I could be anywhere.

Ok matey will drop you a pm I'm around the Chippenham/Box area quoting don't mind travelling.

Big Rat

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping to get my test part back this week, then try to and match the lacquer to the oem aluminium weave. If it looks good, I will tackle the plastic trim between the back seats.....

20170214_203139~2.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So the test part (which is actually the glove box trim off of the 2012/13 IS250) is back. Now for the test of trying to match the top coat to the ISF shade (which I think could just be the resin yellowing). I'm quite happy with weave itself but I need to get the right....

DSC_0026.JPGDSC_0027.JPG

• Like 2

Nice. Bring it along to the weekend meet and see if it matches up better to newer (or garage kept cars) which have been less exposed to UV / ageing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Nice. Bring it along to the weekend meet and see if it matches up better to newer (or garage kept cars) which have been less exposed to UV / ageing.

Here @Toothy what's a garage kept car is that the same as mine living in the lee of Ford Transits for cover 😂

• Like 1