Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

52/2003 IS200 Sport - Replacement key remote

So I gave my old car to my brother and he managed to lose 2 keys in 2 weeks. The two keys he lost were the black original ones and the one we still have is a grey one which I think is a replacement? One of the lost keys had a replacement key blade at some point and I still have the (broken) original.

Can anyone provide details (part number?) for the key/fob/remote I need, recommend a supplier, how I get it programmed (or program it myself) and how much it should cost?

Many thanks

the grey one is the valet key,there are places that can cut you a replacement key from the key code number which you should find in your service history book assuming the car 🚗 has one.Have you still got the transponder from the broken one?

Thanks for the reply.

No spare transponder, it got moved to the new shell when I had the replacement key cut.

I have the manual and service history book.

He got a quote of £60 for a new key with immobiliser transponder but that did not include the remote locking...

hi,not entirely sure sure how you get round that as I think you will need the master in order to program a new fob/transponder to work the remote locking.However someone on here might have a solution

• 1 month later...