Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

12 hours ago, Az1 said:

I just need to get the radio out and looked at by an electrician (father in law) who understands that kind of stuff.  Although I'm hoping I can fit something after market, as I need a range of music in my life and I've got rid of almost all my cds and haven't had a cassette in over 10 years. 

If the Cassette works then there is a conversion to have an input socket for a 3.5mm jack on a thread in another forum which looks most interesting.  Unfortunately my Cassette doesn't work so i have to use my MP3 via an FM Transmitter and whats most gauling today is that Phones etc won't play Sony's ATRAC which means I need to convert the hundreds of CD's stored on my MP3 to WMA to put on my phone if my Walkmans Battery dies (replacement is tricky).  I do still have the CD's but what a bind.

This morning I have a local electrician install a DAB radio in mine with a little remote and an AUX setup which will now work with my Iphone. He also fitted rear sensors which are great. Done a great job, was these guys http://www.caraudiokent.co.uk/ hope okay to post here.£432 all in which I thought wasn't bad, bearing in mind it makes the car that much easier day to day

This morning I have a local electrician install a DAB radio in mine with a little remote and an AUX setup which will now work with my Iphone. He also fitted rear sensors which are great. Done a great job, was these guys http://www.caraudiokent.co.uk/ hope okay to post here.£432 all in which I thought wasn't bad, bearing in mind it makes the car that much easier day to day

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maxwellwd said:

This morning I have a local electrician install a DAB radio in mine with a little remote and an AUX setup which will now work with my iphone. He also fitted rear sensors which are great. Done a great job, was these guys http://www.caraudiokent.co.uk/ hope okay to post here.£432 all in which I thought wasn't bad, bearing in mind it makes the car that much easier day to day

Can you upload a picture of what it looks like? I'm probably going to go the aftermarket route, with hands free built into it. 

There we go - first pic shows where cable comes out and works a dream, second one is the DAB transmitter I believe.

Apologies for not uploading beforehand. It's nice to get wuch a wide range of radio stations now that I could never before. A bit of Jazz FM seems to suit the Lexus

Sent from The Isle Of Sheppey

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had all four tyres replaced today as the existing ones were simply woeful, all near the legal limit Chinese rubbish and very choppy in the wet.

Now have brand new Avon ZX7 tyres and the ride has completely transformed. Brakes better, grips better, in fact does everything better.

Gratuitous shot of car as sunny444e3808e403fe1b4d84cff9d73c9475.jpg

Went with your recommendation cornershop in terms of alightly wider tyres for the DHP wheels

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maxwellwd said:

Had all four tyres replaced today as the existing ones were sinply woeful, all nesr yhe legal limit Chinese rubbish and very choppy in the wet.

Now have brand new Avon ZX7 tyres and the ride has completely transformed. Brakes better, grips better, in fact does everything better.

Gratuitous shot of car as sunny444e3808e403fe1b4d84cff9d73c9475.jpg

Went with your recommendation cornershop in terms of alightly wider tyres for the DHP wheels

Much better with the DHP wheels

• 9 months later...
On 2/24/2017 at 11:21 AM, maxwellwd said:

Off to get detailed and a full valet on Monday and proper chrome boot badges put on to replace the naff faded gold ones

I urgently need a set of tyres. I've shortlisted the Avons, but only Pirellis are available for my DHP wheels in the original size of 245 50 17. Can I ask what size you fitted please?