Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2017 IS upgrade delays.

Still got the Owners Club plates, so a good excuse to give it it's first wash and polish.  Now just got to get the connected services to work.:wacko:

DSC_3404.JPG

DSC_3405.JPG

DSC_3406.JPG

DSC_3410-001.JPG

DSC_3415-001.JPG

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Still got the Owners Club plates, so a good excuse to give it it's first wash and polish.  Now just got to get the connected services to work.:wacko:

DSC_3404.JPG

DSC_3405.JPG

DSC_3406.JPG

DSC_3410-001.JPG

DSC_3415-001.JPG

The colour is very nice!

Not too sure on the silver bumper plate though. Looks a bit out of place IMO because the whole front end has been given the shadow chrome treatment.

Not sure on the rear diffuser either - think the pre-facelift one looks more substantial

There is only the choice of a silver bumper plate and it sort of matches the exhaust ports.  What rear diffuser?

1 hour ago, Wallace said:

There is only the choice of a silver bumper plate and it sort of matches the exhaust ports.  What rear diffuser?

You can still get the black plates. 

The black plastic bit with those silver things on either side. They've made it flat. I thought the 3D one on pre facelift looked better

If I remember correctly Rayaan you were the first in the Club to test a 2017 IS & you did not rate it then saying there was little that had changed & what had changed had not been for the better.

All I can say is that in my humble opinion all the changes are better & Graphite Black (Caviar) in the States is the best fit for the 2017 model that is in short supply in the States,Europe & Japan.

The "bit of Silver Things " coupled with the protection plate make the back look much more special in my opinion.

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

If I remember correctly Rayaan you were the first in the Club to test a 2017 IS & you did not rate it then saying there was little that had changed & what had changed had not been for the better.

All I can say is that in my humble opinion all the changes are better & Graphite Black (Caviar) in the States is the best fit for the 2017 model that is in short supply in the States,Europe & Japan.

The "bit of Silver Things " coupled with the protection plate make the back look much more special in my opinion.

Tel

As far as I'm aware I've said nothing of the sort

In fact - I present you with the following threads as evidence of my enthusiasm - 

I believe the quote you're referring to is :

"I have actually driven a demo now and it's not enough to make much of a difference. Feels pretty much the same IMO"

Worth pointing out that if you read the above quote in context, it's actually referring to the suspension of the demo rather than anything else. 

I'm a fan of the interior changes and the new look as can be seen in other threads that ive posted above.

I'm not a fan of the mismatched chrome and shadow chrome. I like a bit of consistency so naturally, it should be all shadow chrome or all chrome!

We clearly have different views on aspects of our cars & our ability to express that view.

I chose Graphite to better integrate the lower bumper brake ducts & the metallic to better protect against swirls & Rose leather to show -off the luxurious interior which 

is definitely softer to the touch. Delivery was April then Lexus GB had one in Bristol, with a Protection Pack that was allocated for March 1 & my Dealer did not charge  me for this extra.

You were quick to say my colour choice was bland, you were negative about the flaps & so sceptical about the recent £3.5k Lexus rear seat repair that your reference to my Diffuser design as "containing silver bits " justified a rapid reply.

The good thing is we have an Open Forum & we can challenge opinions & comments.

I love your comments & have been with Lexus since 1999 so I too know what I am talking about & importantly what to expect if I have an issue.

In this time Lexus have given me excellent service.

In 2003 they replaced my IS 200 Sport after 4 months due to a "shaking crisp packet noise behind the glove box"

In 2006 I was the first to have GB supplied Front & rear spoilers fitted to an IS 250 SEL

In 2012 Lexus came to my home to resolve a rattling footwell fuse box on my ISF that only repeated when I entered my Crescent.

They have loaned me the whole range of cars including a new LS 460 that I took to Italy & let me start an LFA that was destined for Top Gear.

Tel

Hi Wallace, I just wondered what issues you had with the leather seats? I've had my RX for four years and before that I had an old IS 200 for eight years and never once had a problem with the leather on the seats. So I was just wondering what your problem was , thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Tel said:

We clearly have different views on aspects of our cars & our ability to express that view.

I chose Graphite to better integrate the lower bumper brake ducts & the metallic to better protect against swirls & Rose leather to show -off the luxurious interior which 

is definitely softer to the touch. Delivery was April then Lexus GB had one in Bristol, with a Protection Pack that was allocated for March 1 & my Dealer did not charge  me for this extra.

You were quick to say my colour choice was bland, you were negative about the flaps & so sceptical about the recent £3.5k Lexus rear seat repair that your reference to my Diffuser design as "containing silver bits " justified a rapid reply.

The good thing is we have an Open Forum & we can challenge opinions & comments.

I love your comments & have been with Lexus since 1999 so I too know what I am talking about & importantly what to expect if I have an issue.

In this time Lexus have given me excellent service.

In 2003 they replaced my IS 200 Sport after 4 months due to a "shaking crisp packet noise behind the glove box"

In 2006 I was the first to have GB supplied Front & rear spoilers fitted to an IS 250 SEL

In 2012 Lexus came to my home to resolve a rattling footwell fuse box on my ISF that only repeated when I entered my Crescent.

They have loaned me the whole range of cars including a new LS 460 that I took to Italy & let me start an LFA that was destined for Top Gear.

Tel

Hold your horses right there. You are simply blowing smoke out of your backside now! 

Kindly go through your own thread and point out where I said your colour choice was bland and my negativity of the mud flaps? To clarify, I hate the mud flaps, I've mentioned that already but not directly to you or as a reply to any of you comments.

As for the leather seat ripples - I am not a sceptic, I speak from experience. Ive been cleaning leather seats for over a decade with steam which temporarily tightens the leather but after a few months, the leather begins to sag again. Its a natural process.

As for the chrome bits on the diffuser - nothing wrong with them when everything else is chrome like on the Luxury and Premier trim levels. Just looks inconsistent on a car with blacked out chrome in the front.

Would be grateful if you could post up some evidence of your claims - I think you have me confused with someone else or its just the comments about the "chome bits" have butt-hurt you more than a bad case of haemorrhoids

Let me get back to my post without upsetting too many.  My wife (who pays for the car) and i are very pleased with it.  We think the "silver" rear bumper protector looks fine and matches the silver HYBRID badge on the rear. 

ISJason to answer your question, we had three drivers seat covers changed on our IS300h Luxury and two passenger covers, so we didn't want the same issues with this one so we chose the cloth option.

We used Turtlewax Shake and shine on the car yesterday and the paintwork really shines although it is a pain to use.  All i've got to do is master the "connected services" before we change the car in three years time!!

Rayaan,

As a Club Guru someone may heed your advice but you clearly loath anyone who challenges your Opinion.

Your last Post to me perfectly illustrates this.

In Jan 2017 you did visit a Lexus Showroom & was critical of a Black 2017 IS .

In February 2017 you stated you hated the 2017 Flaps

In March 2017 you inferred neither Lexus or the Leather Expert had the correct skill-sets to resolve my "ripple"

In April 2017 you confirmed you have spent years unsuccessfully  using steam to resolve your numerous sagging issues that are foam not cover faults actually.

So relieved you are not a Trump-Aide although you did make reference to anal matters come to think of it.

Have a good day !

Tel

On 07/04/2017 at 1:41 PM, Wallace said:

DSC_3404.JPG

DSC_3405.JPG

DSC_3406.JPG

DSC_3410-001.JPG

DSC_3415-001.JPG

Stunnng 

6 hours ago, Tel said:

Rayaan,

As a Club Guru someone may heed your advice but you clearly loath anyone who challenges your Opinion. From what I can see, you are the one who clearly can't take an opinion. Let me point this out in clear language - you are the one having a hissy fit over the colour of a car, you are the one who yet again, is having a hissy fit over the rear diffuser and finally, you are the one in complete denial of what's actually been done to "fix" your leather seat.

Your last Post to me perfectly illustrates this.

In Jan 2017 you did visit a Lexus Showroom & was critical of a Black 2017 IS . Yes, I was critical of the showroom car. Im struggling to see your point? Did I tell anyone to not order a black car? I wouldn't personally order one in black as everything on the front blends in too much for my tastes but that's my opinion. I've not said "oh Terry, look at your car, its so bland, you should have got white!" and therefore you have no reason to be butthurt about my opinion. I wouldn't be bothered if you were to go into a showroom, see a white one an say that the colour looks like refrigerator paint.

In February 2017 you stated you hated the 2017 Flaps - Yes - but again, did I directly say that to you? No! And besides, another of my opinions which you shouldn't care about.

In March 2017 you inferred neither Lexus or the Leather Expert had the correct skill-sets to resolve my "ripple" - Yes, because there was nothing wrong with it. Its a natural material which changes over time depending on moisture levels - What do you think they did? They removed the moisture to shrink it - its not going to stay like that forever as the moisture content in the air is constantly changing.

In April 2017 you confirmed you have spent years unsuccessfully  using steam to resolve your numerous sagging issues that are foam not cover faults actually. I never referred to the foam - i referred to the leather itself which stretches over time as you sit on it and to shrink it you can temporarily use a heat gun or steam - but its not a permanent fix

So relieved you are not a Trump-Aide although you did make reference to anal matters come to think of it.

Have a good day !

Tel

Also from what I have read - you are simply unable to cite any comments I have made directly but have resorted to paraphrasing them and twisting the words around in a desperate attempt to make yourself look like a victim. 

Hope that goes a long way in making yourself feel satisfactory! 

@rayaans I would just like to inform you that I think the colour of your cars looks like refrigerator paint! :smile:

@Wallace  Lovely looking car you got there.  I think I would pick Azure Blue were I to buy one.  Do you have any pics of the interior?

6 hours ago, Shahpor said:

@rayaans I would just like to inform you that I think the colour of your cars looks like refrigerator paint! :smile:

@Wallace  Lovely looking car you got there.  I think I would pick Azure Blue were I to buy one.  Do you have any pics of the interior?

Indeed it may! 

But when its clean, it sure does look good! All in my opinion of course!

• Like 1

On 02/04/2017 at 7:16 PM, Wallace said:

No it's happily driving around the roads of Shropshire.:yahoo:

DSC_3402.JPG

DSC_3399.JPG

Very very nice!! Is that the new Blue Mica Pearl??

Ive ended up with simple Velvet Black (company car) but even that looks great, it will be kept clean and waxed though which is the only way for black cars! If I could have chosen colour it would have been this blue or the storm titanium.

Not sure about the revised front end. Need to see one in the flesh. The rear panel looks better than the pre-facelift one - I always thought that the weakest part of the pre=facelift hybrid. Like I say though I need to see one in the flesh. Also in a few different colours.

16 minutes ago, TechyD said:

Very very nice!! Is that the new Blue Mica Pearl??

Ive ended up with simple Velvet Black (company car) but even that looks great, it will be kept clean and waxed though which is the only way for black cars! If I could have chosen colour it would have been this blue or the storm titanium.

No, it's the F-Sport Azure Blue.  I've used Triple Wax Shake and Shine for the first polish, which, although difficult to use in that you have to keep it away from tyres, it does produce a stunning finish.  I used half a bottle - £4 a go - so I may use a different wax next time.

1 minute ago, Wallace said:

No, it's the F-Sport Azure Blue.  I've used Triple Wax Shake and Shine for the first polish, which, although difficult to use in that you have to keep it away from tyres, it does produce a stunning finish.  I used half a bottle - £4 a go - so I may use a different wax next time.

Ah Okay - don't see many in that blue in my neck of the woods at all then, really stands out :-)

Not that ive tried it with blues but Bilt Hamber do some great products, the Finis wax and hydra waxed are not so easy to work with and last a very long time, they can go any surface, including rubber etc with staining. In fact I've used it on my alloys as well!

I'm using Meguires Synthetic X-Press spray wax on my Sonic Red RC. Can be used as a drying and sprayed into a wet car or even used dry in direct sunlight. Very easy on and easy buffing off. Can be used on all surfaces and won't leave white residue or staining on textured plastics. Highly recommended.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links