Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F v Lotus V6 'thingy' - Filthy cars!

Late last year, a mate of mine and I decided we'd bugger off to Wales for a couple days of driving.

Day one was glorious weather - day two........ hmmmmm...... yuck.

Probably more Lotus (Exige V6) pictures below, but I know there are a couple of Lotus fans on here :yes:

If nothing else on this foggy Wednesday afternoon, the pics will give you a break from @Big Rat and @Mark G bantering :yahoo:

Lexus-IS-F (1 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (2 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (3 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (4 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (5 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (6 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (7 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (8 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (9 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (10 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (11 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (12 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (13 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (14 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (15 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (16 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (1 of 1).jpgLexus-IS-F (17 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (18 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (19 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (20 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (21 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (22 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (23 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (24 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (25 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (26 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (27 of 28).jpg

Lexus-IS-F (28 of 28).jpg

• Like 7

Fantastic pics mate hope you all had a great day out, cheered me up no end.

Your right me wittering on here must wear a bit thin, again great pics, see the talent of the 'Silver' owner knows no bounds.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Just now, Big Rat said:

Fantastic pics mate hope you all had a great day out, cheered me up no end.

Your right me wittering on here must wear a bit thin, again great pics, see the talent of the 'Silver' owner knows no bounds.

Big Rat

Thank you very much :)

You carry on wittering - you've provided a much needed boost to the forum.

PS: No comment about my car looking dirty again?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Thank you very much :)

You carry on wittering - you've provided a much needed boost to the forum.

PS: No comment about my car looking dirty again?

Dirt what dirt it's silver !

Big Rat

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

How were the two for pace?  As Yoda would say 'skilled with the camera, you are'

ps, that's how I like to see the silver cars, hidden under dirt

Thanks Marcus :)

Pace wise, we didn't push things too far. Roads were wet and even icy in some places. Having said that, after one spirited drive, my mate said "That is a quick car you have". I've no doubt however that the Lotus would disappear into the distance (especially when the twisties appeared).

Two different machines (as you know). My mate tells me I drive a taxi. :yes:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Thanks Marcus :)

Pace wise, we didn't push things too far. Roads were wet and even icy in some places. Having said that, after one spirited drive, my mate said "That is a quick car you have". I've no doubt however that the Lotus would disappear into the distance (especially when the twisties appeared).

Two different machines (as you know). My mate tells me I drive a taxi. :yes:

And he drives a canoe.  I've been pleasantly surprised with how effective the traction control is in the wet, you really have to put the effort in to get it proper sideways.

Im going to Knockhill in March/April time and it'll be staying in sport on track, TC is not getting switched off me thinks

Marcus

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chuckie478 said:

I've done about 2/3s of that route before.  Some fantastic roads round there although the first time I did it was the week before Christmas quite a few years ago and I nearly ended up sliding into a lake :whistling:

Colin

Would be nice in the summer months if a few 'F' could get over that way all colours of cars invited of course 🙂

Ive done the evo triangle bit a few times in recent years but only on week days when the traffic is lighter, be good to organise something perhaps all reading this matter for discussion at the March meet .

Big Rat

• Like 1

Lovely pictures! I am off to the evo triangle this year and can't wait. The exige was an option for my next car but it's too raw for the gt side of things for me. Bloody lovely machines though. 3.5 seconds or as close to for 60 and handles like it's on rails. 

• Like 1

The Elan Valley I know it well. I only live a short distance from there near Knighton. It is a regular run out for me stopping for lunch at the visitors centre cafe. The Cafe is open all year long except for Christmas day.

The dams supply the water to Birmingham some 70 miles away without being pumped just using gravity. The dams and two pipelines were built over 100 years ago. Two new pipelines are now being built to increase capacity.

At Rayader  "the nearest town" there is also a "Red Kite" feeding station where every afternoon you can see literally hundreds of Red Kites diving out of the sky for the fresh meat on offer, and eating it while flying.

John

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Is that the same engine broadly speaking as yours ?

Big Rat

Not broadly speaking, I think it's the same engine. Safely tuneable to 430hp for 5k ish... imagine that in that exige!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Not broadly speaking, I think it's the same engine. Safely tuneable to 430hp for 5k ish... imagine that in that exige!

I certainly can, now you see what you've done not having any sprogs me thinks if ever changed I'd have a second chapman choice 🤔

Big Rat

59 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Lovely pictures! I am off to the evo triangle this year and can't wait. The exige was an option for my next car but it's too raw for the gt side of things for me. Bloody lovely machines though. 3.5 seconds or as close to for 60 and handles like it's on rails. 

Thank you.

Be careful in the triangle. Well known by plod, and you can get up to some silly speeds.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Britprius said:

The Elan Valley I know it well. I only live a short distance from there near Knighton. It is a regular run out for me stopping for lunch at the visitors centre cafe. The Cafe is open all year long except for Christmas day.

The dams supply the water to Birmingham some 70 miles away without being pumped just using gravity. The dams and two pipelines were built over 100 years ago. Two new pipelines are now being built to increase capacity.

At Rayader  "the nearest town" there is also a "Red Kite" feeding station where every afternoon you can see literally hundreds of Red Kites diving out of the sky for the fresh meat on offer, and eating it while flying.

John

Lucky man living so close.

Amazing area. Saw so any Kites.

Final stop of our mini tour was at the visitor centre. Sad to leave in many ways. Will definitely be returning in the future :)

5 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I certainly can, now you see what you've done not having any sprogs me thinks if ever changed I'd have a second chapman choice 🤔

Big Rat

It was a consideration but it can't GT. also, being 6 2" it's a bugger to get in and out of. The Evora for me is the perfect mix of mod cons gt and sports car. The exige for me is more a local road a track car. So, driving to the triangle for example is 4hours away. I wouldn't want to do that in an exige. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links