Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just About To Order One......

Hi all

I am just about to order an RX300 SE Navigator and I have a few questions which I hope you experienced (!) folk might help with:

1) I need a full handsfree phone kit fitting. I am assuming it is best to get the dealer to do this. Where do they normally mount the handset holder? Does it run through the stereo or a separate speaker (placed where?) I assume it can be wired to mute the stereo?

2) Does anyone have a view on light coloured leathers getting warn / looking old quickly? Should I go for the dark one in that case or is this not a concern?

3) Other than purely personal choice, any views on colour / leather combinations?

4) What is the recent experience on discounts / throwing stuff in?

5) Has anyone also had the reversing sensors fitted even though there is the camera and is it worth it at all?

6) I am intending to purchase straight from a main dealer - unless anyone can show how other channels (brokers, supoermarkets etc) can really deliver?

7) Recently I was quoted about 3/4 weeks delivery - does that sound correct?

8) Anything else you would advise anyone about to order one?

Thanks loads in advance - I have already applied for GOLD membership so I can get a further feel for the LOC.......

Cheers

Cracker.

Not sure if I count as experienced having only done 500 miles in my RX 300 SE-L. Delivery on mine was 2 weeks, I dont think you need more than the camera which is stunning. I took out a demonstrator which had done 2800 miles, it had light leather that looked shabby. I went for the pembroke leather/platinum ice which doesnt look as impressive (the wood is also darker), but I am sure it will wear better. Mine will get some hard use. Difficult to comment on discounts, I used a main dealer and traded in my old car , though I got well over a £1000 more than I expected.

Hi all

I am just about to order an RX300 SE Navigator

John - Well you have started off well!!!!!!

and I have a few questions which I hope you experienced (!) folk might help with:

John - I'll try!  Seems I am the new RX expert - I mean come on I have only ordered my 3rd ;-)

1) I need a full handsfree phone kit fitting. I am assuming it is best to get the dealer to do this. Where do they normally mount the handset holder? Does it run through the stereo or a separate speaker (placed where?) I assume it can be wired to mute the stereo?

John - We didn't do this as prefer to use one of these

l106480.jpg

with sony T610 - easyer to hop from car to car and still legal as I don't need to touch the phone ;-)

2) Does anyone have a view on light coloured leathers getting warn / looking old quickly? Should I go for the dark one in that case or is this not a concern?

John - I have the Oakham Leather (creamy brown) and it is very good for staying clean.  Just mild soapy water every so often to keep it looking good.  The lighter colours go better with the light dash and Alu centre consol (IMHO)

3) Other than purely personal choice, any views on colour / leather combinations?

John - Purly Personal choice - Platinum Ice with Oakham ;-) - Last one was dark blue and it was nightmare to keep clean.

4) What is the recent experience on discounts / throwing stuff in?

John - On my RX300 SEL I was one of the first to get one so the dealer give me a good trade in plus mats, they are a still in demand so best of luck.

5) Has anyone also had the reversing sensors fitted even though there is the camera and is it worth it at all?

John - Had the parking sensors on my MK1 and really missed them on new one.  Was going to get them fitted but after a couple of weeks with the camera grew to love it and now don't need the sensors.  Plus doesn't wake the kids up when reversing!

6) I am intending to purchase straight from a main dealer - unless anyone can show how other channels (brokers, supoermarkets etc) can really deliver?

John - Dealer for me - more expensive perhaps but nice to have the personal touch.  Horses for courses!

7) Recently I was quoted about 3/4 weeks delivery - does that sound correct?

John - No idea but they seem to come in tranches - Guess they all ship at once from Japan?

8) Anything else you would advise anyone about to order one?

John - Do it tommorow and then struggle for the rest of your life to find a car better (unless you fancy a blast on the twisties then get a TT aswell B)

Thanks loads in advance - I have already applied for GOLD membership so I can get a further feel for the LOC.......

Cheers

Cracker. - John - It certanly will be!

Hope this helps!

Congrats on choosing the RX. I went for the SE-L in the end (I think the sound system did it for me, but the suspension is fun to play with while sat in traffic)

I would agree with JohnRX300.

1) I also use a Bluetooth handsfree kit. I would really like them to integrate BT into the stereo but it looks like I will have to wait a while. Never really liked the look of sticking phone holders in a car, there never seems to be a good place to put them.

2) I went for the dark leather, thought it would stain less with kids bringing in so much dirt all the time.

3) Outside colour was Platinum Ice. Shows up the dark windows and real lights ok.

4) Didn't get a discount or anything.

5) No parking sensors, rear camera is excellent. Just remember to give the lens a quick clean whist your filling up at the garage for a sharp picture.

6) Got mine through a finance company. Dealer quoted me a fortune for the finance and told me to go PCP. I lost loads on a PCP with my last car as I do high milage, so have opted for a more simple purchase option.

7) Delivery was 3 weeks. Still really quick compared to other makes.

8) Other info. Service intervals are every 10k which I think is low for a new car, and I don't seem to get far on a tank of fuel. Last of all, at this time of year make sure your washer bottle is full as you will be using it on the both windscreens and the headlights.

Enjoy it - it really is the best car I have ever drive. I have just started dropping into the conversation with the other half about getting the new one at the end of the year. Working the 'fuel economy' lines at the moment.

I would agree with JohnRX300.

I have just started dropping into the conversation with the other half about getting the new one at the end of the year. Working the 'fuel economy' lines at the moment.

Point 1 - Thanks!

Point 2 - Don't forget also

X - No congestion charge on Hybrid

X - Lower road tax - £90 I think

X - More power (for safer overtaking of course) :winky:

X - Better for planet earth - awwwww :yawn:

X - And that old irrational one - you just have to have the latest model!!!

John

And of course at my current milage I should be over 70K miles by then... so I'll need an new one anyway...

Eh! - In 10 months!

Blinking blimey nora Misses!

Still I would rather do it in a SEL than anything else. The thought of doing that in my TT sends my spine into spasim!

John

Hi guys just wanted some info.Spotted aLexus RX300 on a R98 plate with only 18000 miles on clock.Its an import as I was told and also told the sat nav dont work but there is a disk coming out soon or I could connect it to a DVD player.

Its in red pearl..r/c/locking..e/windows..retractable mirrors...climate control.. 6stck cd system..alloys..automatic tiptronic..parking sensor..

Is this a wise buy as its an import or do I not touch it with a barge pole...Advice really needed.

Thanks,

Steve