Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

popup hood failure

Hello, Pls  I need someone advice me pls, I had a minor crash with my Is300h  and my headlight is gone, the pop up hood as pup out on both side. Any idea of how I can sort this out without going to Main dealer please.

sorry to hear of your accident , i know how you feel as i've only recently got mine back from the bodyshop.

DO NOT TRY AND OPEN YOUR BONNET you wont close it again

you will probably be going through your insurance as you're possibly looking at circa £5k to repair using new parts,

i believe the gas charges for the bonnet are £1500 each,then you need

a headlight , a pressure tube maybe needed, airbag module to be replaced or reset,

a set of bonnet hinges & radar re-calibration if its fitted to the car

it will be more if you need a bonnet, bumper & a radiator pack

if i can find some prices i will post them here for you

member Shada will give you a better idea as they repaired their own IS300h front end

below is a list of possible parts you may need but it will give you a good idea of the cost

parts & prices are from lexus parts direct

possible IS parts list.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hi there, i had an accident and "Pop Up Hood Activated" message is showing on the dashboard,

I was wondering if a remap of my car would delete this issue. I have been to some local garages and

they are not able to do anything about it. If you go to Lexus directly I would estimate that I could be

paying for parts and labour upto £5000, which I dont want to do, theres nothing wrong with my car.

Just a stupid error I want to get rid off, can somebody help?

50 minutes ago, L4AllH4None said:

hi there, i had an accident and "Pop Up Hood Activated" message is showing on the dashboard,

I was wondering if a remap of my car would delete this issue. I have been to some local garages and

they are not able to do anything about it. If you go to Lexus directly I would estimate that I could be

paying for parts and labour upto £5000, which I dont want to do, theres nothing wrong with my car.

Has the hood actually popped? If not then a false alarm and dealers should be able to clear for around £60.

1 hour ago, L4AllH4None said:

Why would you think you'd be charged 5k if there is nothing wrong with your car? 

If there is something wrong with your car structurally then it would need repairing .. obviously at cost, but I'm sure lexus will tell you what has been damaged and advise you on repairing it to remain safe.

38 minutes ago, L4AllH4None said:

yes it actually popped up after the accident, got it closed now, but error still shows 

Accident?

Insurance time I think!

how did you get it closed when the hinges are now bent due to there

being a U shaped fold point to allow the hinges to bend so the bonnet can move upwards,

if there is no other damage to the car you will probably need the following items

the 2 gas charges that cost a fortune , 2 new hinges after them being distorted, a reset of the air bag module

and possibly a new pressure sensor tube.

if you have radar (ACC) fitted to your car you'll need this recalibrating if the bumper has to be removed

to replace the pressure tube.

do you have any photos of your car after the incident

• 7 months later...

dig deep in your pocket see my post above or go through insurance

i hate the insurance route but it maybe worth it for you.

its going to be a very expensive repair due to the fact your cars

hit something whilst travelling between 7 & 45 mph

but whatever you do DONT open your bonnet

as you probably wont be able to close it again

see my post above

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to add Lexus Stockport cleared my pop up hood failure message after a very similar incident to the 'paramedic rolling back'. They did so without charging so kudos to Lexus Stockport and particularly Gino Sassanelli. IS300h 

Regards 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links