Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

popup hood failure

i have just had a paramedic roll back into my car and the popup hood failure warning is now on my dashboard

is this something that can just be reset or have the sensors been damaged and now need replacing.

i hope someone can advise me.

I would imagine something is damaged, you could try opening and slamming the bonnet...

Are you not claiming on their insurance...??? your car can look fine but have expensive hidden damage, it needs checking out...

if its something that can be reset then i would rather not say anything to the insurance company and reset it

but if it is as i suspect a damaged sensor then i will have to,its just that i will get stung by the insurance for 5 years

as they ask if you have been involed in an accident at fault or not in the past 5 years.

• Like 1

Has the hood actually popped up?

If it has then it is a one time use system, like an activated airbag. Take your car to a Lexus dealer asap. It will be expensive to as parts have to be replaced and installed at Lexus rates.

Ed:sad:

all the bodywork is perfect and nothing has actually popped its just the message on the dash

i was sitting still waiting to move off and had my foot on the brake when the paramedic rolled backwards

probably 2 - 3 feet i had my hand continually on the horn but he didnt hear obviously

49 minutes ago, 200h said:

all the bodywork is perfect and nothing has actually popped its just the message on the dash

i was sitting still waiting to move off and had my foot on the brake when the paramedic rolled backwards

probably 2 - 3 feet i had my hand continually on the horn but he didnt hear obviously

Yep its a dealer job. 

Most likely it hasn't deployed as the impact wasn't hard enough and therefore showing that message. I would assume it just needs a reset.

• Like 1

went to lexus this morning and the fault can be reset they couldnt fit me in until this afternoon so i tried carista

on my phone whilst in the carpark and the app cancelled the dash warnings for me.

so happy days .i've attached an image of the dash message,lexus did say even with the car parked up  you can

still get this message if the car is nudged gently.

20170126_180944.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2017 at 9:20 AM, 200h said:

went to lexus this morning and the fault can be reset they couldnt fit me in until this afternoon so i tried carista

on my phone whilst in the carpark and the app cancelled the dash warnings for me.

so happy days .i've attached an image of the dash message,lexus did say even with the car parked up  you can

still get this message if the car is nudged gently.

20170126_180944.jpg

Hi, when you phoned up lexus how much did they quote you for doing it?

I had someone reverse into me on Christmas Day. Only visible damage was front number plate holder had slight crack on side. I also had the pop-up hood failure on dash.

Took it to garage - confirmed no hidden physical damage. I reset the single error code using techstream. No problem since.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

On all IS300h cars there is a multipin socket under the dash on the driver's side which accepts the dongle.

With the ignition on, you launch the Carista app on your Iphone and it connects automatically. You may need to purchase the Carista pro upgrade on the Appstore to reset warning messages. 

• 6 months later...

Hi guys, hope you can help, I have the carista app, and I have been trying to clear the error, but when I run diagnose, it doesn't show up any error. Hooe you can help me out as I am a little bit frustrated. Thanks in advance 

you will need to have the paid version to reset airbag lights

the free version lets you reset the eml light

Thanks for yous reply, I am in the UK(don't know if this affects it) , and brought it from amazon, when downloaded the app I could not find any paid version. Could you please post the link? 

I Did searching in Internet and it seems like the paid option appears when we try to clear the error, but my problem is doesn't show any error OK the diagnose to clear. I am really confused. 

Many thanks in advance 

With Carista, you only pay when you access areas of the App which are chargeable. Just going into the Settings (chargeable) area triggers the AppStore to bill you. You will need a working apple account for this to work. 

5 hours ago, CarlosN said:

I am in the UK(don't know if this affects it) , and brought it from amazon,

You get a month of the paid features free when you purchase the official adapter and first use it.

Regardless all this, my problem is that carista doesn't show any erro when I do the diagnostic, but the ligth it shows on the dashboard all the time... How is it possible that doesn't show on the app too.. I give up 😂.. Going to send it back and go to lexus whenever it is open... 

Yes, I did it on last Friday, they didn't get back to me yet.. I guess because is weekend.. Hopefully on Monday they will, otherwise I will send it back as it is useless for me. 

It should definitely work. 200h has used it on his IS to reset the very thing you are looking to do:

On 1/27/2017 at 9:20 AM, 200h said: