Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Patches on multimedia screen

Just noticed that I have 2 patches  that have appeared on the multimedia screen in both bottom corners not as noticeable when screen on but when off very visible. Didn't notice it this week as dark when going and coming back from work.I don't use anything to clean my dash only dry or slightly damp microfiber. Going to take it to Lexus in the week, but has anyone else had this happen?

19 minutes ago, PhilWebster said:

Just noticed that I have 2 patches  that have appeared on the multimedia screen in both bottom corners not as noticeable when screen on but when off very visible. Didn't notice it this week as dark when going and coming back from work.I don't use anything to clean my dash only dry or slightly damp microfiber. Going to take it to Lexus in the week, but has anyone else had this happen?

Anti-glare coating coming off. Yes, happens on all IS and RC models.

Its a very thin coating and will come off with damp microfiber use over time. Not really needed either - I just took the whole thing off with some ammonia free glass cleaner (loaded with IPA) and its not made any difference to glare but it sure does look much much better

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Anti-glare coating coming off. Yes, happens on all IS and RC models.

Its a very thin coating and will come off with damp microfiber use over time. Not really needed either - I just took the whole thing off with some ammonia free glass cleaner (loaded with IPA) and its not made any difference to glare but it sure does look much much better

Thanks rayaans,can it be re-coated?

Interesting, had the exact same issue on mine - believe it or not Hob Bright used sparingly on cotton wool and cotton buds for the corners took the film off without marking the screen. Take your time and you'll be pleased with the results. Also keep a wet cloth handy to clean the leather dash if any gets on it, won't harm it but best to remove asap.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhilWebster said:

Thanks rayaans,can it be re-coated?

I believe one particular owner made a custom anti-glare plastic screen and put it over the top with good results.

I dont think the coating itself can be added on though. If you want it to look uniform, the best thing is to just remove it (be patient, it takes ages)

19 hours ago, PhilWebster said:

Screen Being replaced on Wednesday under warranty:yahoo: