Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Facelift

13 hours ago, CJFM said:

Daily telegraph has reviewed 2017 facelift describing it as comfort and joy!

Doesnt mean anything though. People usually look at whatcar, topgear, autoexpress or carwow reviews nowadays

Saw one in the flesh at my local dealership. Not my choice of colour - Fuji red聽- but it looked stunning.

I was not able to pinch a brochure and only managed to take a very quick look at one while waiting. Radar cruise control seems to be standard except on SE amongst other things. There are also new interior colours that look nice. The previous cream has been replaced with a slightly darker "stone" colour and there is a black/red cloth combination where the seats are black but edged in red. All models get LED lights as opposed to HID, although the ones on higher spec models have a different design.

I think this facelift makes the IS even more desirable!

2 hours ago, AlanS said:

For some reason front and rear mud flaps are fitted as standard聽to the facelift,聽make the car look cheap imo.

Mine will be coming off when it arrives.

I dont think thats true. I believe all the showroom and demo vehicles seem to have protection pack fitted to them which includes the mud flaps in them

On a side note, they've botched up the pricing on the IS300h F-Sport with Premier pack - its 拢40995 so will go into 拢450 a year tax band!

49 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I dont think thats true. I believe all the showroom and demo vehicles seem to have protection pack fitted to them which includes the mud flaps in them

On a side note, they've botched up the pricing on the IS300h F-Sport with Premier pack - its 拢40995 so will go into 拢450 a year tax band!

I think you're correct, I do recall the cars I've seen with the mud flaps on also have the rear bumper protector and rubber floor mats in the boot.

9 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yes, I would expect a new "pricing model" at 拢39,999 to be along soon. It seems stupid to penalise potential owners by 拢1200 (based on a typical 3 year ownership).聽

10 hours ago, AlanS said:

I think you're correct, I do recall the cars I've seen with the mud flaps on also have the rear bumper protector and rubber floor mats in the boot.

The mud flaps look naff on the IS IMO, ruins the lines!聽

The 2017MY IS300h F-Sport for sale by Lexus Birmingham doesn't have the mud flaps on it. Seems a fairly well discounted price as well.

9 hours ago, AlanS said:

Very well discounted indeed, do you reckon will there be more discounts to be had on this?

Most likely in the region of 拢500-1000 on used cars. Its probably registered on their name so will have 1 owner. Doesn't really matter though in the grand scheme of things as you do get a good car for a good price.

My thoughts on the MY17 facelift - Newcastle Lexus have a Fuji Red F-Sport with black leather, Premium Nav and protection pack in the showroom, plus a Black Advance as a demo car.

Loads of minor changes and all look to fix the criticisms owners have had.

Boot lid on the one in the showroom "seemed" heavier to me, less springy and more damped, shut with a more reassuring thunk too!

F-Sport leather seats are softer than in mine, style is the same but the bolster edges are definitely softer and more pliable.

Kneepads come right up and are padded on all models now.

Plastic trim in the interior is much better quality, the clock is easier to read, the centre console is better too, cupholder design etc.

driving the Advance, seems much quieter, less road noise. Rides bumps very well and steering appears slightly more positive, heavier.

Tech works well, traffic sign recognition worked flawlessly with the std Nav, signs appearing on the centre display, as did the lane departure warning, giving a buzzing on the wheel!

Styling - I really think it is an improvement. 聽Close look at the F-Sport and the grille surround and chin spoiler is now dark chrome effect, not black. Looks great, as do lights.

• Like 1

from appearance are there many changes to the IS i have noticed the following after a 5 minute look

new headlights

front & rear bumpers

padded armrest in centre console for media control

bigger screen

sharks fin aerial (that i dont like)

new alloys (that i do like)

its not enough for me to want to change

There are lots of minor detail changes. The Toyota Lexus UK聽media page has a full press pack which outlines all the changes and updates.

As well as all the cosmetic bits, the suspension front and rear is quite heavily revised to improve ride, noise and steering feel.

46 minutes ago, Steve44 said:

There are lots of minor detail changes. The Toyota Lexus UK聽media page has a full press pack which outlines all the changes and updates.

As well as all the cosmetic bits, the suspension front and rear is quite heavily revised to improve ride, noise and steering feel.

I have actually driven a demo now and its not enough to make much of a difference. Feels pretty much the same IMO.

It will be interesting to see how the safety kit does. The wife's Jazz has it and often gives a false alarm on the collision detection or speed limit recognition etc.

My 2015 model has a new feature. It's paid for! Don't think I will go for the facelift just yet. Would like a plug in hybrid.

3 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

It will be interesting to see how the safety kit does. The wife's Jazz has it and often gives a false alarm on the collision detection or speed limit recognition etc.

My 2015 model has a new feature. It's paid for! Don't think I will go for the facelift just yet. Would like a plug in hybrid.

Its pretty inobtrusive.聽

The only thing was that the car felt like it was jumping from side to side in lanes when the lane keep assist was on the maximum setting. But ofc this is adjustable and can be turned off if required. Doesnt seem to be an issue on the lowest setting.

It has a speed limit recognition on the facelift but it doesnt really bother you. The adaptive cruise control works well but the distance has to be set to the shortest setting otherwise its too far away and people jump in and cause the car to slow down to maintain the distance.

No issues with collision detection but only driven the car for 30 mins

On 2/12/2017 at 3:18 PM, PaulWhitt20 said:

It will be interesting to see how the safety kit does. The wife's Jazz has it and often gives a false alarm on the collision detection...聽

On 2/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, rayaans said:

Its pretty inobtrusive聽 ...聽The only thing was that the car felt like it was jumping from side to side in lanes when the lane keep assist was on the maximum setting. But ofc this is adjustable and can be turned off if required. Doesnt seem to be an issue on the lowest setting....The adaptive cruise control works well but the distance has to be set to the shortest setting otherwise its too far away and people jump in and cause the car to slow down to maintain the distance. ....No issues with collision detection...

The current safety features add up to a generally convincing package.

While open to correction, I am unaware of any way to adjust the sensitivity of the Lane Departure Alert (LDA), at least on my 2016 RC. 聽

It merely switches off or on. 聽As safety features go, its usefulness is largely limited to stopping you from completely nodding off during

long and boring drives and, in my personal experience, to warning you to get back into your lane if a twinge of vertigo has caused you

to drift inwards on high bridges or viaducts where the view from your side-window is a huge void. 聽It can also be confused, and you

along with it, by the presence of residual lane-markings within provisional ones as, for example, in road-works. 聽Fortunately, being聽

located right under your thumb on the steering-wheel, it is the easiest of all switches to turn off if you so wish.

So far, touch wood, I have not needed to test the effectiveness聽of the Pre-Collision聽System (PCS). 聽 I have, however, been startled by its

activation in several high-speed tight-curve situations, usually uphill, where it seems to have interpreted approaching roadside walls

and/or guard-rails as obstacles prior to my steering into the curves as per the intended trajectory. 聽It can also be activated when

you brake in good time but perhaps a bit over-suddenly upon closing in on a large vehicle turning off the road ahead of you more

slowly than anticipated.

The Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is a great aid to safety but one whose reliability you need to trust without question, and this may

not be easy if you are the sort of person who likes to feel completely in control in all situations whether you are or not. 聽You are, in

effect, entrusting the system with the lives of yourself and your passengers, and this can take some getting used to if聽the thought

of a failure聽lurks - as it certainly must - somewhere in the recesses of your mind. 聽 As regards the distance settings, anything more

than the single-mark at low-to-normal speeds does indeed invite leap-froggers, and this can be very irritating, but, whatever your

speed, the best setting will always be the one you are most comfortable with in the given conditions. 聽My only criticism of the ACC

is the slowness of the re-acceleration back to the set or re-set speed after slowing down, which can cause you to lose patience and

press on the gas to help it along.

The Rear Cross-Traffic聽Alert (RCTA) is useful when you are reversing out of a space anywhere but just about indispensable in

crowded and badly-lit places where, besides cars, it is also usually capable of detecting single pedestrians and cyclists as well as,

perhaps most importantly, people pushing prams.

2 hours ago, Rabbers said:

The 2017 IS comes with Lane Keep Assist which tries to keep you in the lane rather than Lane Depature Alert which just informs you that you're about to move out of the lane.

On a side note - has anyone else noticed that the Lexus UK configurator only shows "electrically adjustable steering column" on the Premier model?

Good review, but I never understand why they give the f sport out to journalists. They think it's a sports car, thrash it then say its noisy, bumpy and poor mpg. Much better to give them a premier or advance to try and focus on the comfort side of things.

But then I never got the point of the f sport anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Good review, but I never understand why they give the f sport out to journalists. They think it's a sports car, thrash it then say its noisy, bumpy and poor mpg. Much better to give them a premier or advance to try and focus on the comfort side of things.

But then I never got the point of the f sport anyway.

Probably because its the best looking version聽:yes:

Its like how BMW hand over M-Sport's and Audi hand over S-Line models so they can get some nice photos published.聽

Always makes me wonder what they compare ride to as well. Ive driven plenty of IS loaners and we own an IS F-Sport. Ive never noticed the ride to be harsh and there's hardly any difference between the premier and F-Sport anyway. When you start comparing it to the likes of BMW 320d M-Sport, the ride is actually much smoother.

13 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

.... But then I never got the point of the f sport anyway.

F-Sport trims are intended to widen Lexus' prospective customer base to include younger age groups. 聽That Lexus persists with

the strategy means that it has probably been successful. 聽 Aesthetically speaking, I think it is a good strategy for most models in

the range, though somewhat ridiculous in the case of the LS600, where the F-Sport version available in some countries looks like

an attempt to pass a sumo wrestler off as a sprinter.

I swap in June so will probably be ordering next month, I'm ashamed to say I just point and go I want that one as it's a company car聽:whistling1:

I was going to go for the advance but I'm not sure I want leather seats again as I do so many miles, so may go back to the Sport, I had almost convinced myself to think about an F-Sport for a bit of fun, but I'm too Alan Partridge now, the mid range will do聽:wheelchair:

PS. My IS300h is now on 92000 !! 聽Anybody beat that? 聽 Still going strong I might add. 聽Battery still working fine.

8 hours ago, Blisteringblue said:

I swap in June so will probably be ordering next month, I'm ashamed to say I just point and go I want that one as it's a company car聽:whistling1:

I was going to go for the advance but I'm not sure I want leather seats again as I do so many miles, so may go back to the Sport, I had almost convinced myself to think about an F-Sport for a bit of fun, but I'm too Alan Partridge now, the mid range will do聽:wheelchair:

PS. My IS300h is now on 92000 !! 聽Anybody beat that? 聽 Still going strong I might add. 聽Battery still working fine.

Nothing wrong with the Sport.聽

Arguably the best value trim in the line-up