Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's going on with my ISF

Guys, been having a good look round and there are a few things that I'm after some info on.

Ive got illuminated kick plates, were these an option or retrofitted?

My interior lights that come on with the press of a button are a cool blue LED.  Was this standard?

Side lights and number plate bulbs as above.

Alloy wheels have a v high polishes finish.  It's definatly paint but almost looks like a shadow chrome.  Any ideas?

The car has had a few previous owners and I can only guess 1 of them has been on here at some point.  It's also got an HPS intake, API filter and apexi start fitted.

cheers 

Marcus

I imagine all the lights and kickplates have been modernised to the cool white/blue bulbs. These small mods are popular on the US forums/sites for the IS/ISF. You can buy the interior bulbs kits and kick plates on eBay. I imagine the wheels were also given a special finish during a refurb at some point. My alloys were a slightly lighter grey compared to the other ISF'S when we met at Kemble, previous owners preference. The only other different wheels I've seen are the US special edition ISF.

OK, not got the illuminated kickplates (although I did have them on an is220d se-l )

Got the LED interior lights and number plate lights, forgot to check the sidelights.

Wheels have a painted but almost chrome finish.

My interior lights 2008, have a more yellow hue to the main light, wing mirror and door lights, the little spotlights in the front and back are the more modern cool white/led. It's popular in the US to switch all the bulbs to be the cool white LED so they all match.

Yea, I was under the impression that they had been changed but wanted to confirm.  It's popular with a lot of jap stuff as generally the lights are rubbish.  Once I get to a meet I will be able to have a good look at other ISFs and see what's going on.  The quality of the kick plates is very high, can only assume they are oem from another car.

IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2723.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

This is what I thought.  Your wheels are OE colour still?

I think they were refurbished by the previous owner and are a close match to OE colour.

34 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Yea, I was under the impression that they had been changed but wanted to confirm.  It's popular with a lot of jap stuff as generally the lights are rubbish.  Once I get to a meet I will be able to have a good look at other ISFs and see what's going on.  The quality of the kick plates is very high, can only assume they are oem from another car.

IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2723.JPG

Please tell me its the camera making your number plate look wonky .......

Yea, I quite like the colour, not sure I would change it come refurb time anyway.  

It does scream 'golf club' though, the darker wheels give an indication of something a little racier

Hi Marcus 

Great looking colour it's a great alternative to all those silvers, blues and blacks that are so common place 😌

Regarding wheel colour the original is darker, and if you look back to my recent thread and photos of the second set I bought recently these have been stored with only hours use on a road test car from 2008.

Also in the pictures is all the paint codes for the original, just in case you did change your mind and wanted the ' factory' look.

Again she looks good👍

Big Rat

Ive always liked the red! 

Yes as other comments have said, the wheels are non-standard colour. The originals were pretty much like CharlieC's wheels. 

There's no paint code for the original wheel colour so its a case of just getting a close match. 

The illuminated scuff plates are £400 accessories I believe.

Looking at your pics, it seems that the front grill has also been blacked out - they're originally chrome

Appreciate all the comments, I really enjoy the car as it is.  Could do with some more exhaust note but got plans to sort this.  Still not using the apexi start, anyone got any positive experiences with it?

5 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Ive always liked the red! 

Yes as other comments have said, the wheels are non-standard colour. The originals were pretty much like CharlieC's wheels. 

There's no paint code for the original wheel colour so its a case of just getting a close match. 

The illuminated scuff plates are £400 accessories I believe.

Looking at your pics, it seems that the front grill has also been blacked out - they're originally chrome

The trim surrounding the front grill is chrome, may be the camera 

17 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

IMG_2367.JPGIMG_0273.JPGIMG_0274.JPG

Yep thats not the original paint colour. Thats Phantom Gray 1E3, Toyota paint. Its deemed as the unofficial touch up.

Its very close as makes no difference on a small section but its definitely not exactly the same as factory

The original IS-F wheels from factory have a black and silver mixed paint but the ratio has never been discovered.

The problem we have now is that there's so many different colours out there and hardly any of the IS-F's are on the original wheels. Most of the refurbed wheels tend to be too dark.

Original colour below:

2800999399_7ceb9ebd14.jpg]

2012_lexus_is_f_track_test_review_austra

We didn't get the above in the UK but they're from the same BBS factory and the same colour

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links