Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS F Driven

I posted this in the video thread but thought a few of you F owners would like this review if you haven't already seen it. I'm seriously tempted at selling my GS and Cressida (when it's finished) and getting into one of these beasties! either that or wait a few years and pick up as GS F for a song :wink3:

I was looking at prices last week on Autotrader, for the same year and mileage as mine they are asking around the same money I paid for mine 15 months ago.

Maybe prices are starting to firm up a little.

I think it's difficult to judge prices at the moment because there aren't many selling and prices could be artificially high. Cheapest one is the silver at 14.5k with 89,000 miles, seems like a good buy but it's still not gone.... The 2012 ones at 31/32k, seems high if you can buy an RCF for 36k on a 2016 plate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

I think it's difficult to judge prices at the moment because there aren't many selling and prices could be artificially high. Cheapest one is the silver at 14.5k with 89,000 miles, seems like a good buy but it's still not gone.... The 2012 ones at 31/32k, seems high if you can buy an RCF for 36k on a 2016 plate.

Hi Mark

You we're not present when the 'Last Of the Summer wine 3 ' met for coffee and cake - when they were supposed to be at work -

so @Big Rat and @Flytvr and @Mark G came to pretty much the same conclusion.

Not that it was easy to hear what each other was saying as 'down town Detroit ' (Chippenham ) was alive with the sound of gunfire 😬

We love you really Mark !

Big Rat

• Like 2

Last of the summer wine 3 😁 😁.  G8 summit for the ISF at Kemble 😉 

Next year I don't think it will be possible to take out the lexus extended warranty as they hit 10 years old which might affect the values of the 2008's what do you think?

2 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Last of the summer wine 3 😁 😁.  G8 summit for the ISF at Kemble 😉 

Next year I don't think it will be possible to take out the lexus extended warranty as they hit 10 years old which might affect the values of the 2008's what do you think?

I've asked my Lexus dealer about that before and they said the warranty could continue to be extended past 10 years/100k. I've no idea whether the cost just jumps straight up.  I'm not sure whether that's changed since but I've just extended my 2008 car warranty to 2019.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chuckie478 said:

I've asked my Lexus dealer about that before and they said the warranty could continue to be extended past 10 years/100k. I've no idea whether the cost just jumps straight up.  I'm not sure whether that's changed since but I've just extended my 2008 car warranty to 2019.

That's great info, thanks @Chuckie478. Although these cars are bulletproof, it does give added peace of mind. I only though this as the warranty just states for cars 'upto 10 years'. Maybe the cost will go up but good to know it could be an option. 

4 hours ago, emjay82 said:

I see your point but as time goes on I think we will compare ISF to RCF prices less and less.

36k is still very cheap for a 16 plate RCF though..................

What do you guys think to the review of the ISF?

Do you feel it was a fair appraisal of the car? 

I am very tempted by the £14.5k car and it's literally round the corner from me, I can walk to the place the photo's were taken in ten minutes, but I would love a GS F when the price inevitably comes down a bit more.

First world problems eh.......:blush:

• Like 1

Remember looking at this one on the tube typical stupid tube comments concentrating on the car testers fashion clothing sense or lack there of.

I think the Americans can come from a slightly different perspective at times with cars like these for a number of reasons i.e. Fuel costs being the main one !

I think the car close to you has to be worth a look it's the only way you are going to get a feel for the model of car it's all about condition how they drive, then look at the all the obvious things like mileage service history, checkable history not just the stamps.

If it's a IS-F you want, sounds like your still not quite sure, there are more knowledgeable ones on here than I, the GS-F is of course a great car as well but obviously costs considerably more 🤔

Big Rat

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

That bloke is a nutter! :)

You'll love him driving this Dodge Viper then, it gives him a real workout he's breathing hard by the time he gets to the bottom of the hill!

I think he drives it faster on the way back up.