Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noisy Direct Injection pump GS450h

derkins

Sure it's been covered a few times and believe me I've tried to find it on here!

That annoying DI pump ticking that once you hear it...it's all you hear.

Did some digging here and on a US site then spoke to my friendly Toyota garage about getting some sound dampening covers ordered in.

Ordered up parts  12606-38010 & 12605-38010 (two halves of the cover) for £33 and voila...50% reduction in the tick noise.

Dead simple. Main engine cover off, and both ends of the air intake (jubillee type bands) to get a bit of space & light.

NOT easy to squeeze a hand in the back and seat it in the right place and a little bit of plastic surgery (snip..snip) on the front half to get it to go past the fixing bolts..and that's that.

Next thing - wait for the warm weather to solve the the freezing cold piston slap / knock...like a sewing machine for the first 10mins in the morning...most embarrassing.

DI pump cover.jpg

• Like 3

Apparently owning a Lexus in the US is a prestigious affair...and they take errant noises more seriously. Over here, more of a "whatya expect...".

Seems this cover fits the injector pump of the V6 and V8's (2).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2017 at 5:54 PM, derkins said:

Apparently owning a Lexus in the US is a prestigious affair...and they take errant noises more seriously. Over here, more of a "whatya expect...".

Sadly, not.  Lexus stopped fitting these high pressure fuel pump noise dampeners to the LS and consider the diesel-like rattling noise "normal" in their flagship $100,000 sedan.  Heck, if a Mercedes diesel can rattle like a bag of old bolts, I guess they figure they can get away with it.............  really sad! 

I'm ordering the dampeners (4 - two on each side) and will report back if it helps.

• Like 1