Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2017 Fsport Premier Pack purchase

So my current Lexus Fsport lease is up at end of March and I need to make a choice on what to do. Car has been great and I don't really want to give it up. I also can't get another one same/similar on company lease as they've changed the rules somewhat for me and it's no longer allowed.

Been to Lexus dealer today and asked about purchase of new Fsport with premier pack, and I've been offered one of 2 available before then end of March and with a bit of negotiation got 9.9% discount. Colour choice is Graphite black or Grey both have black interior.

As this is first car I've bought for many years and first Lexus by private purchase, couple of questions. 

Servicing costs. I'm still doing 15k/ year, so what's cheapest dealer service option. Have been offered full price service pack (3 services just) at £1k which I baulked at. I know Lexus servicing is going to be higher than most at 10k intervals.

What do others do about GAP insurance. Lexus cost for this is also huge, can see it can be had for a fraction of price on internet. Any recommendations for broker?

any other comments or help, probably going back tomorrow to decide.

• Like 1

I've been looking into Gap and found www.car2cover.co.uk very good. Worth checking your motor insurance policy too. Some have a "new for old" clause for the first 12 months, so you can buy the Gap cover but have the start date a year forward. You do have to be careful with the wording of your motor policy though, in most cases the replacement car has to be in the UK or deliverable within 21 days - not always possible. If it's not then you may find it's back to market value or invoice whichever is lower.

I've decided to buy Gap that gives me a specified amount rather than linked to invoice or purchase price. vehicle replacement cover I think is the term used. I ordered my new car (not a Lexus unfortunately) at the end of Oct and mainly due to currency weakness the price has increased by £10k. By buying monetary cover I protect against further increases.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Martin F said:

For GAP insurance take a look at ALA Insurance. Have used them twice now and always quite reasonable. 

As usual main dealer (whatever manufacturer) pricing for this is a rip off.

I looked at ALA and they couldn't match car2cover, but weren't too far out. Agree re the rip off, Gap is something where I can't see any benefit with sticking to the manufacturers offering, it is what it is. 

13 minutes ago, Steve44 said:

Good shout on car2cover, about £60 cheaper than ALA.

anyone have thoughts on service pack? Worth having, hassles. It is something I would be haggling over.

Historically I think you could negotiate between the dealerships but I think latterly they are all working off a fixed price menu. I believe there's a discount on the parts too but I haven't looked into it for 18 months or so.

I have had a refund on mine as I'm selling the car before all the services have fallen due. 

Yep it's now fixed price for servicing unless you buy the car new so really you should be able to get a discount on it. 

I'd prob go for the grey. The black looks too black imo. Saw one in the showroom and the front just looked odd as there was no contrast

Just looking on the configurator, neither colour were ideal I really wanted Mesa Red or Azure Blue, however I think I would go Graphite Black.  The grey is the same one as I have now Mercury and they had an RX in the showroom in Graphite Black and it looked brilliant.  Agree the contrast on the front isn't as good, but it does look stealthy.

Servcing pack looks like another negotiation point then, reviewing the offer last night, they have also bundled in a "Premium PDI" which adds nearly £1k to the cost, which I think I remember the salesman saying sealed the paint and leather etc.  Again something I'm not wanting so more cost reduction!  Just a tank of fuel and something for the missus to spring out and we will be there! 

Deal done now,  :yahoo:waiting on the ship arriving and hopefully nothing going wrong so it's registered before end of March. :unsure:

LexusCare service plans make no sense. Individual costs of 3 services is 50 quid or so less than the service plan. Any idea what you get extra? Salesmen didn't know either.

15 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yep it's now fixed price for servicing unless you buy the car new so really you should be able to get a discount on it. 

I'd prob go for the grey. The black looks too black imo. Saw one in the showroom and the front just looked odd as there was no contrast

That I guess depends on taste, but I tired RC300h in Graphite Black which is preal and that is my favorite colour by far. Not to be confused with Stock Velvet Black.. which is "just" a black. 

43 minutes ago, Steve44 said:

Deal done now,  :yahoo:waiting on the ship arriving and hopefully nothing going wrong so it's registered before end of March. :unsure:

LexusCare service plans make no sense. Individual costs of 3 services is 50 quid or so less than the service plan. Any idea what you get extra? Salesmen didn't know either.

Eh?

The service plan should be the same price as the initial 3 services bought separately. I certainly only paid that amount and no more. Make sure they havent added a "Admin fee" or something similiar

My service plan includes - free full valet each year, puncture repair for all cars in close family, 10% off parts and free monthly wash if I required (I dont use it though). Also includes a guaranteed courtesy car or pick up service

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Eh?

The service plan should be the same price as the initial 3 services bought separately. I certainly only paid that amount and no more. Make sure they havent added a "Admin fee" or something similiar

My service plan includes - free full valet each year, puncture repair for all cars in close family, 10% off parts and free monthly wash if I required (I dont use it though). Also includes a guaranteed courtesy car or pick up service

Now that service plan looks like something that would be interesting,  what I've been quoted (but not taken up yet) is £1001 for 2 intermediates and 1 full service, payable up front or in 20 monthly £50.05 payments.  That's about £56 more than just paying for each service?!?  Even the salesman said it made no sense and he needed to check with the service manager when he came back in this week.

39 minutes ago, Steve44 said:

Now that service plan looks like something that would be interesting,  what I've been quoted (but not taken up yet) is £1001 for 2 intermediates and 1 full service, payable up front or in 20 monthly £50.05 payments.  That's about £56 more than just paying for each service?!?  Even the salesman said it made no sense and he needed to check with the service manager when he came back in this week.

I Had the Service plan When I got Mine 14 Month Old Lexus Is  last Feb £25.50 over 36 Months for 2 Intermediates & 1 full service and 2 MOT's. The reason i went for it was Budgeting I found it better to pay the Monthly payment (which was almost the amount I was Paying for Car Tax on my old Is) rather than pay it in a lump sum each year.

1 hour ago, Steve44 said:

Thats extremely odd. Both my cars are on service plans. 

The IS is on 2 intermediates and 1 full for £935 - 23 monthly payments of £38.95 and deposit of £39.15.

RX is on something similiar but its £1295 in total due to 60k service included in it.

Forgot to mention that I get half price MOT so only works out £27

It does seem strange that the plan costs £50 more than the individual service costs now, it used to be the same price. Lexus encourage you to buy the plan as each year the cost of an individual service increases. By purchasing a plan, you're guaranteed no increase over the 3 years covered.

I wonder if there is a price increase due then, thus the extra cost? Apparently there is a cross the board retail price increase for vehicles due 9th Feb. £750 a car for IS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well car has arrived 2 weeks ahead of schedule at the dealer and in plenty time to beat the 1st April tax changes.:yahoo:

The Naguri trim is very nice to the touch.:wub:

Its a bit, well, erm, black, behold the DarthVaderMobile................:ph34r:

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

• Like 2

On 3/4/2017 at 4:48 PM, Steve44 said:

Well car has arrived 2 weeks ahead of schedule at the dealer and in plenty time to beat the 1st April tax changes.:yahoo:

The Naguri trim is very nice to the touch.:wub:

Its a bit, well, erm, black, behold the DarthVaderMobile................:ph34r:

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

Very nice!

I like all the little changes theyve made especially the screen and the knee pads. The naguri trim also looks very nice and undoubtedly feels much better than the machined stuff we get in the standard F-Sport (been told its coated with plastic hence it feels like plastic!)

Im particularly fond of the interior because the white contrast definitely breaks up an all black interior!

Be sure to let us know how you get on!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DanD said:

It looks like the DRLs are longer than before... am I right?

I don't think so, but i will probably have both old and new cars for a couple of days together, so I can measure them!?

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the car at the weekend and I'm loving it. Much quieter than old one, steering and suspension better too.

The new SatNav and the screen especially is just great and I didn't think I'd like the ML stereo, but I'm having a rethink and I definitely have appreciation for the new found levels of deep controlled base and brilliant stereo sound staging it has.

Headlights on the FSport are crisp bright white now and the new safety equipment isn't driving me up the wall just yet.

The graphite black paint has an extraordinary level of metallic pop in the flake in bright sunshine too.

Even the gear stick feel and drive mode selector feel is slicker and more damped, solid feeling.

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

• Like 3