Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It has been mentioned numerous times on this forum - and I have to agree - the IS250 mk2 is the best bang for buck car in its class you can buy. So if mine was written off tomorrow, I'd get another one, there are plenty still for sale in great condition with low mileage. If I was after something newer, I'd hunt for a IS250 mk3. They are rare, but have the same engine as the mk2 and also a 6 speed auto gearbox, so the refinement of ride should be pretty much the same.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, juicestop said:

It has been mentioned numerous times on this forum - and I have to agree - the IS250 mk2 is the best bang for buck car in its class you can buy. So if mine was written off tomorrow, I'd get another one, there are plenty still for sale in great condition with low mileage. If I was after something newer, I'd hunt for a IS250 mk3. They are rare, but have the same engine as the mk2 and also a 6 speed auto gearbox, so the refinement of ride should be pretty much the same.

What Bruce said.  Mine got written off and I bought another one immediately.  It was a complete no brainer.

• Like 1

I completely agree, as I have mentioned before I am fancy getting newer Lexus like RC, but is very hard to quantify the choice as new models are like 5 times the price, but doesn't offer any "upgrade", just barely reasonable replacement. Wither Lexus overshoot the target with mk2, or they need to seriously improve their mk3 offering. One way or another IS250 mk is unmatched in term of value for money. 

I have just sold my Mk2 IS250 and swapped for a Seat Leon Cupra, I loved my Lexus and owned it for six years but with a hole in the exhaust and the engine starting to drink oil it was time to sell. It's currently up for sale on auto trader for £6500 after I part exchanged it. I looked at getting a new GS 450h but I decided to get away from RWD cars because I was fed up with messing about switching to winter tyres every year. The Cupra is very fast and actually drives better on our poor roads better than the IS250 despite 19" wheels, it's got all the gadgets including adaptive cruise control and lane assist. It's true that some of the materials aren't as luxurious as the Lexus, for example the glove box is just hard plastic inside but everything else is fine. I will go back to Lexus in the future because I miss the quality dealership service. 

• Like 1

I totally agree with juicestop, the IS250 is the best bang for buck in its class. I've owned a bmw and mercedes in the past and test drove a few. Never been that really impressed with them to be honest. As soon as I sat in the 250 I just knew straight away it was the one. I've never drove a car like it. It has everything going for it. Looks really sporty, extremely comfortable and luxurious, all the toys you could hope for, silky smooth gearbox and lovely sounding V6 engine. It's just a lovely place to be.

Only had mine since November and as I've said before it will be many years to come before I even think about a new car. It's a keeper 😀

On 2/7/2017 at 5:17 PM, Vintagesixtysix said:

These are some of the itches I may scratch in the future...post IS.

Honda Legend

Volkswagen Phaeton (W12)

IS-F

RC (I get the engine discussion but just love the look of that car)

Subaru Legacy 3.0R spec B

Maserati quattroporte ZF gearbox

BMW 640i / 650i

Nissan 370Z GT

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

interesting, I had a is250 and considered the Legend and never bought one mainly due to any nasty surprises (talking repair cost), I currently own a 3.0R Spec B Legacy and its terrific, really understated car with unbelievable road handling, Reliability is a given if you can suck up rather uninspiring looks and rather heavy fuel consumption its well worth a drive, 0-60 in a tad over 6 seconds means its more than fast enough for me.

A Maseratti is most likely going to break your bank, and you need to set aside a sizable chunk of money for keeping it on the road, it WILL break down.

A 370Z I also funnily enough looked at, I love Japanese cars cant beat them, The 370Z is rare but a bit too small for me.

I briefly had a CL55 AMG for about a month before I handed it back to the dealer as it was a mare, German cars are great but used they can be a mindfield.

ISF and RCs are great if finances allow. 

20170212_144404 (1).jpg

On 08/02/2017 at 10:15 PM, djkenn said:

Having asked a number of people in the trade, my next car will be a GS250. With my driving and mileage, hybrid just does not make sense as a used proposition. There are not many used GS250s around (as they did not make sense as company cars) but if I get the same quality as my old IS250, with a more modern interior, I will be well pleased.

This is the change I did. Even happier with the GS than I was with the IS. Only downside, so i thought, would be MPG, but I get the same from the GS.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links