Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi guys

posted this topic on another forum,think i got the wrong one ( new to doing this)

i put an address in the nav ok but the voice instruction doesn't work, also the voice recognition has stopped working

i would be very glad of some help. Brian

Hi Brian,

This is a really strange one.

When you say voice instruction, you mean that the screen still shows you where you are going, but nothing comes out of the speakers?

Have you just purchased the car with this fault or has it just stopped working recently?

As we are essentially talking about a computer problem, I would be inclined to try 'turn if off/on again' by either

a) remove / re-insert the SatNav Disc - this may cause the system to reset itself and fix the problem (you will need the two pointy things from the toolkit to insert into the holes in the dashboard to eject the disc)

b) disconnect the negative terminal on the car Battery and leave off for a couple of minutes, then reconnect. You will need to reset the reverse camera setup and the electric windows afterwards but that's not difficult

You don't have to worry about a radio code so b) is probably the easiest way to go.

hope this helps

Hi Bob. I have had the car from 2011 and never had any problems.the best car i have had by far.the problem started last week?.

I have tried reinserting the disc, still the same. I will try with the Battery in the morning.

I will keep you posted, Thanks

I am not sure what to suggest at this point.

Other than buying a new disc, which should update the firmware, the only other thing I can think of is to try a replacement head unit.  Not a cheap option unfortunately.

I have checked the menu settings,they are ok, the disc is a 2016 disc and at £152 a pop i wont be replacing it again for a while.

as you say the head unit is also expensive,i have been toying with the idea of checking all the fuses in the cabin,i don't know if the voice would be on a separate small fuse

of its own. I suppose anything is worth a try.

thanks gents for your thoughts.

Your too far otherwise will let you try my updated dvd that way you would know if it's dvd problem or still got my old dvd too 

Do you really need sound as everytime I used it turn sound off its just annoying loool 

That's a kind thought thank you Iftikhar, I still have my old disc i might try replacing it to see what happens, I won't hold my breath though.

I do like having the sound on, i find it easier to follow, but if i can't get to the bottom of it I will use the sat nav that way.

That's a shame, plenty of replacement head units for sale but the breakers want good money for them.

Just curious, did you just get an updated disc and then the voice problem happened?

Well that rules out a firmware update issue then.

As far as I can tell, this is not a common issue so you do seem to have been unlucky.

Breakers seem to want £400+ for a replacement head unit and I suppose even that's a gamble as we don't know exactly where the fault is.

Doesn't help in this case but just to help anyone else searching for problems like this....

I bought an updated map from Satnavdvd.co.uk

The map worked fine but I lost all Voice Commands for everything including climate etc. The womans voice said to speak after the beep, but there was no beep, it just ended.
My old DVD worked fine so I returned it to Satnavdvd for a refund.

Lesson learned but I'm not paying Lexus prices for an updated map. I'm sticking with the 2008/9 version and keeping a Garmin in the glovebox for a scarce times I may need it.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links