Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all. So seems like someone went down the street and keyed a few cars, one of them being mine.

They have made about a 50cm scratch on the rear quarter panel. I will try and T cut it but I think I'll be doing it or of how rather than expecting it to be fixed.

What options do I have? (the car is white, not sure if that makes any difference) I bought the car with a little key scratch on the passenger door. Someone has suggested to through insurance to get it fixed. Anyone know if this route is worthwhile?

Anyone able to help me out with any advice?

Thanks

I've never been the sort of person to blame my tools for a bad job but in this case, I think it's justified. The RX300 is a nightmare to reverse in the dark - the rear windows are dark privacy glass, both door mirrors go dark when the car lights are on (even if you turn off auto dipping on the rearview mirror) and the reversing lights are no better, and in fact even worse, than a couple of candles. Couple that with abysmal weather (very heavy rain) and it becomes almost impossible to reverse safely. We've lived in this house for over 29 years, which is more than 10,000 days, going in and out multiple times a day, and I've never hit the gatepost before, so it's got to be the car's fault, not mine :whistling1:

Anyway, I've got the car booked in for repair this Thursday and I've been quoted £200 for the job, all in. I don't know how bad yours is compared to mine but for me it's not worth going through insurance as my excess is £200 anyway, so I'm just paying for this myself.

car1.jpg

Personally I wouldn't recommend going through your insurers, you will immediately lose any NCD you have, your premiums will increase and with the excess added in you may as well get it repaired yourself.

Search out some local body shops and get a few quotes, I have an excellent old skool one near to me but a bit of a drive from Leicestershire.

• Like 1

I'd endorse what Steve2006 says. Show any potential repairer that the paint is a pearlescent finish and ask them if they are confident of repairing it correctly. I've got the same finish and a couple I contacted said straight away ... No can do. I thanked them for their honesty and moved on until I found one who instilled confidence.

Don't go the insurance route it's not worth the pain.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links