Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noticed a couple of days ago that the lovely blue Lexus sill illumination on the drivers side wasn't working. Thought it might be a bulb but checking the passenger side, that was out too. Interior lights and door puddle lights all working fine. Is this a fuse? If so, anyone know which one? Thanks guys.

By no means important but like things to work if they're supposed to!

I don't think it is a bulb as such.

Certainly on my old is200 Sport it was a active LED strip with two wires attached to it. Mine went on one side and I could not fix it by any method.

Perhaps keep an eye on eBay. Check the colour though they're white on my car.

The is200 ones were a bit temperamental to water ingress, but i thought they had been much improved on the Mk2 IS.

You'd need to check with seller if it's illuminated type and what colour it is. But there is this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS220-IS250-DRIVER-SIDE-FRONT-DOOR-STEP-SILL-TRIM-PANEL-/222350917736?hash=item33c525c068:g:LaMAAOSwo4pYV-~K

I recall seeing a set for £326 from the Lexus outlet on eBay at one time!!

Here's a thought. Wonder if it's possible to take the light pack from this to repair yours.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-RX300-350-400H-DOOR-SILL-TRIM-PLATE-ILLUMINATED-FRONT-DRIVERS-SIDE-OFFSIDE-/371855075179?hash=item56944a276b:g:MVAAAOSw4shX76iw

Might do it. In the first instance I'd want to have a look under your current sill plate to check the connectors are sound. Can you swap them across the car sides? I recall the is200 had a transformer wired into the fuse box in the footwell each side. One of those went on mine. It was somewhat swollen. I only discovered that when I swapped the plates over side to side as the dud one worked fine when swapped.

3 hours ago, normski2 said:

You'd need to check with seller if it's illuminated type and what colour it is. But there is this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS220-IS250-DRIVER-SIDE-FRONT-DOOR-STEP-SILL-TRIM-PANEL-/222350917736?hash=item33c525c068:g:LaMAAOSwo4pYV-~K

I recall seeing a set for £326 from the Lexus outlet on Ebay at one time!!

£25 is a bargain, I think it should be illuminated if it has the metallic lexus logo?

I've been looking for a realistically priced replacement for nearly a year as mine has the water stain problem but I'm not paying £100+ for a grubby example from a breaker (especially one that's ivory and not black)  

Having said that, it's not likely to be a bulb problem as both passenger and driver sides aren't working. I seem to recall that they are linked to the internal illumination settings and can be switched off - do your other courtesy lights come on when opening the doors?

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I have one question.

I have a 2010 F-sport IS220d. It has the lexus engraved door sills, however they are not illuminated. On the brochure they are said to be illuminated. Any ideas? 

I believe only the SE-L model has the illuminated sills. I had a 2010 F-Sport and it never had them. If you can find a pair though, they will be plug and play for your car.

• Thanks 1