Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 Wiper Blades

Balthane

Hi to all out there in Lexus land.

The blades on my IS 250 need replacing and on examing the fitting etc it seems that the wiper blades have some sort of special cover and the whole assembly clips on to the wiper arms as normal. Are these some type of special Lexus Blades which need Lexus replacements to preserve the appearance of the car or is it possible to buy other (cheaper) brands?

All thoughts and advice will be gratefully received

34 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Standard hooked arm on my IS.  Bought replacements from eBay.

I don't think he's talking about the fixing Steve, although mine is also the hook, he asks about the plastic covering over the mechanism.

I have some replacement blade ready to fit, they don't have the plastic covers and I don't know if the old covers can be removed, haven't had a look yet.

• Like 1

The usual type of wipers, generally speaking, are like this.

s-l500.jpg

I understand that Denso are the OEM type (and 20" and 22" in length)

You can find them here... amongst other places

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161166354966?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

You have 2 options:

1) Purchase refills from Lexus/Toyota and fit into the current plastic frame

2) Purchase Denso blades from Eurocarparts which I believe are the same. This is the cheaper option especially as they have 30% off for valentines day - code LOVE30. And ECP always has free delivery on anything too. If you put in your reg it'll come up with the denso blades when clicking through to the wiper blades page

• Like 2

Just been on ECP to order the Denso wipers, I can't seem to find where to put the discount code.

So looked on Carparts4less, the wipers are cheaper and there's a discount "bemine". £17.29 for both wipers.

Ordered for delivery. Job jobbed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Verbout said:

Just been on ECP to order the Denso wipers, I can't seem to find where to put the discount code.

So looked on Carparts4less, the wipers are cheaper and there's a discount "bemine". £17.29 for both wipers.

Ordered for delivery. Job jobbed.

For next time:

Add the product to your basket. Then click on the basket in the top right corner. In your basket itll show the product and just under the product picture, it says "Gift Certificate/Promo Code". Stick the code in there and follow through as normal

But yeah, Carparts4less are selling them really cheap at the moment. 

• Like 1

Yes, I have some Bosch ones, they are very good.  They look crap though, just a skeleton construction like Verbout referred to on his.  I used them to pass the mot then ordered some cheaper, better looking ones :smile:.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

For next time:

Add the product to your basket. Then click on the basket in the top right corner. In your basket itll show the product and just under the product picture, it says "Gift Certificate/Promo Code". Stick the code in there and follow through as normal

But yeah, Carparts4less are selling them really cheap at the moment. 

Cheers, I've used ECP hundreds of times and the code box is usually at the end of the transaction just before you pay.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Yes, I have some Bosch ones, they are very good.  They look crap though, just a skeleton construction like Verbout referred to on his.  I used them to pass the mot then ordered some cheaper, better looking ones :smile:.

i have the bosch flat blades, can't complain on looks or performance.

• Like 1

Yes I noticed but it's no biggee really.

Sometimes the mods (if they see it) will move it over to the right area.

Don, if you want to look in the right area for your car go here. :smile:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum/127-lexus-is-250-lexus-is-250c-club-lexus-is-220d-is-200d-club/

• Like 1