Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

11 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Jeff I am also now using Landsail 558's, and agree with your findings. I have not yet had them on long enough to gauge tyre ware rate. They appear to be as good as triple "a" tyres i tested previously, but time will tell.

John.

I've actually put around 1000 miles on them sine having them  and comfort and noise is still at minimum running them at around 34psi all rounds was the quietest and comfiest and have now increased them to 37 psi fronts and 39 psi rear and they still stable and still absorbs road irregularities mainly when using back routes A and B roads. if i can get over 10,000 miles out of them i'll stick to the brand going forward for sure..

6 minutes ago, noby76 said:

I've actually put around 1000 miles on them sine having them  and comfort and noise is still at minimum running them at around 34psi all rounds was the quietest and comfiest and have now increased them to 37 psi fronts and 39 psi rear and they still stable and still absorbs road irregularities mainly when using back routes A and B roads. if i can get over 10,000 miles out of them i'll stick to the brand going forward for sure..

I have done around 3,000 miles on mine with the same sort of roads "no motorway". I run at 40 PSI all round, and was surprised that this does not make for a harsh ride or increase noise levels. Having just had the car MOT'd the test shows the front tyres have 7mm, and the rears 6mm of tread left so very little ware in the given millage. In theory 20,000 miles should be possible on a set.

John.

• Like 1

I've tried various tyres and found that they all depend on wear. Some have been quiet when new but are significantly louder as they wear whereas some don't change throughout their life. I've given up trying to find the golden egg and rely on the infotainment volume control to to rid any annoyance!

• Like 1

I have 3As on the rear which have done about 17k, Landsail 558s on front only about 13k. All inflated to 35psi. Perhaps I should go up to 40psi?

I would guess they will all make 30k miles even on the rubbish roads round here. Quiet, grippy, economical and gentle on the wallet. 

John

• Like 1

Check out this video on Landsail. Definitely not a grubby little workshop. Some of the translation is typical Chinese to English loosing in the translation, but perhaps an eye opener.

John.

• 3 weeks later...

..I put a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5's on the GS450h a couple of months back, and they've been a very nice tyre so far. There's a silky quiteness to them, they're grippy and they weren't too bad for a summer tyre down around 0C. They're not too pricey either..