Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leather cleaner lexus

Jcgs300h

Hi

just need advice on what cleaning product i can use to maintain my leather seats. Phoned lexus dealership they said they have supagard leather care kit...is it a good product or just buy megs

Handbook advises a damp cloth moistened with 5% wool detergent in water. Wipe clean with another damp cloth and clean water.

Automotive leather is coated so conditioners are pointless and can make the surface sticky and attract dirt and grit.

A water based proprietary cleaner such as Dr. Leather wipes are a convenient, if slightly expensive, alternative. Also leaves a pleasant (subjective) aroma of new leather.

• Like 1

Will try if its good.

comes with a conditioner.. been read blogs and they suggest not to apply the conditioner. What would be the best thing to do to preserve the leather?

I use carplan leather valet on mine and it brings them up a treat. It cleans and conditions but use sparingly on ventilated seats as it's a rather thick cream and tends to clog the holes.

On 17/02/2017 at 7:03 PM, Rebecca said:

I use carplan leather valet on mine and it brings them up a treat. It cleans and conditions but use sparingly on ventilated seats as it's a rather thick cream and tends to clog the holes.

I found that out recently using Renapur on ventilated seats. Worked really well on the leather where it doesn't have the perforations, but elsewhere clogged the holes and stood out. Warm soapy water cleaned them up, but best not to go there in first place. Lesson learned!

On 2/17/2017 at 6:34 AM, NemesisUK said:

Handbook advises a damp cloth moistened with 5% wool detergent in water. Wipe clean with another damp cloth and clean water.

Automotive leather is coated so conditioners are pointless and can make the surface sticky and attract dirt and grit.

A water based proprietary cleaner such as Dr. Leather wipes are a convenient, if slightly expensive, alternative. Also leaves a pleasant (subjective) aroma of new leather.

That was a wasted post my friend, everybody thinks they need to apply some super duper cream cleaner and conditioner every month.

I'm with you, warm water, cloth with a dash of stardrops every few months just to get rid of the grime

Some cheap leather wipes to give it a satin sheen when dry.