Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

fault code diagnosis help needed

finest1

hi all, i hope everyone is well.

car: IS250 SE-L 2006 2.5 petrol

i had the following lights come up on my display:

engine light

traction light (car skidding icon RHS of display)

and the "check VSC" phrase

i have ran it through torque app twice and here is the following:

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4433.JPG

fault codes:

P0031 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)  i know this to be the 02 sensor . i know there are four, so not sure where this is. im hoping engine bay side

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected

P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected

i don't know what these three are. im wondering if it is to do with the spark plugs. i've never changed the spark plugs during my ownership. im wondering if i change these, will this resolve the issue?

any advice will be appreicated

thanks in advance

Rishi (finest1)

(CORRECTED) Bank 2 Sensor 1 is the sensor located on the passenger side (in the engine bay) - the trickier of the two sensors to replace but all thats required is a bit of patience when replacing it. Bank 1 sensor one is the easier on the drivers side - to replace this sensor its pretty straight forward

It would certainly be my first port of call in getting rid of the codes you have - they are all related to the fuel mixture.

The sensor is a heater air/fuel sensor so P0031 is the general fault that's being thrown up covering 300 / 301 / 303.

Follow my post as per the pm I sent - but I would recommend you do both sensors in the engine bay as they have both been in there the same time and he other one will probably go shortly afterwards. When you take the offending one out, you will see what I mean by the amount of coked up soot on it.

You need the extraction tool to take it out - don't try with a spanner as you will not manage it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links