Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Centre screen blemished

Hi guys,

I recently got a Lexus is300h. It's in pristine condition but I noticed the centre console screen has this blemish on it. It's noticeable during the day, almost seems like a protective layer has been ripped off? 

Any advice regarding it is much appreciated. 

IMG_20170221_161537.jpg

22 minutes ago, tayaste said:

You could ask at your dealer and you might get lucky, or buy the repair kit and do it yourself. Part no-86134-53030. It's not expensive.

Thanks for the information. I ll try checking in with my dealer and see what they quote. Or ill say im feeling lucky today do it for free :P

2 hours ago, sliyk said:

Hi guys,

I recently got a Lexus is300h. It's in pristine condition but I noticed the centre console screen has this blemish on it. It's noticeable during the day, almost seems like a protective layer has been ripped off? 

Any advice regarding it is much appreciated. 

IMG_20170221_161537.jpg

Its just a anti-glare coating thats been rubbed off. They are very easy to rub off on earlier models.

You can try to get it fixed or you can remove the rest of the coating itself using a glass cleaner - it takes some effort but looks much better and Ive not noticed any significant difference in glare.

• Like 1

hassan did you buy the car new or as a used car ,if you bought it used within the last year you may still have some warranty

from the dealer you purchased the car from

4 hours ago, tayaste said:

Nope, it means a service bulletin.

Do you also shout louder when talking to foreigners :whistling1:

Just repeating what you said above won't help him understand what it is or what it's for you know :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got the same issue, also have used warranty (1yr plus paid extra 2) but expect this to be excluded under trim exception. Have purchased some plastic polish both for this and the scratches on the instrument cluster plastic but yet to do it.

On 22/02/2017 at 5:41 PM, 200h said:

hassan did you buy the car new or as a used car ,if you bought it used within the last year you may still have some warranty

from the dealer you purchased the car from

I got it from a trader, not from Lexus, shes still under 5 year warranty and I got a third party warranty for a year.

4 hours ago, sliyk said:

I got it from a trader, not from Lexus, shes still under 5 year warranty and I got a third party warranty for a year.

Third party warranty won't cover it - classed as wear and tear. Actually, they won't cover much including the hybrid system

The Lexus warranty is 3 years so has most likely expired already.

Id be taking the anti-glare coating off tbh

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Third party warranty won't cover it - classed as wear and tear. Actually, they won't cover much including the hybrid system

The Lexus warranty is 3 years so has most likely expired already.

Id be taking the anti-glare coating off tbh

Using 'hob bright'? Lol sounds risky? 

5 hours ago, sliyk said:

Using 'hob bright'? Lol sounds risky? 

I just used a bog standard glass cleaner. 

Spray onto a microfiber cloth and keep wiping it - you'll soon remove all of it and it'll look much much better

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i have just removed the anti glare off a laptop screen and boy what a job it was

i am going to make sure i only clean the in car screen with a damp microfibre cloth

and nothing else.

• Like 1

I've got the same issue, getting a dealer to look at it today, mine is still under warranty so hopefully will get replaced.

Is it a big job to replace the screen? If the dash has to be taken apart I hope they put it back together again free of rattles, I'm thinking it might be better to keep the original and remove the anti glare coating.

Tried getting it replaced under extended warranty but as expected considered wear and tear, despite being the subject of a TSB.

Unfortunately to replace the plastic cover you have to remove the passenger side of the dash to be able to unbolt it, so I did as others have and polished the anti-glare coating. I used a plastic polish product called Novus, small bottles available online. No 3 polish does the nav screen cover, no 2 does light scratches on the the perspex instrument cluster cover. No 1 is just a cleaning solution, but often you'll get the pack of the 3 including cloths for about £16.

Looks so much better now except a little bit in the corners I need to work on a bit more. Bit messy so make sure you cover everything else up around it. Would highly recommend doing this as the screen looks much sharper now, HD like.

• Like 1