Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2008 IS250 Boot Strut Part Number?

Well I've learnt something new with this thread. I didn't realise gas type struts were used on the boot lid. I know my boot lid lifts easy as pie and shuts a little harsh but acceptable. Excellent thread 👍

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 6:26 PM, markeyszoo said:

found this on youtube. this guy recommends BMW parts and advises one is enough.

so tried this today and not happy with result. boot alignment is seriously affected.DO NOT TRY!!!!

1 hour ago, markeyszoo said:

so tried this today and not happy with result. boot alignment is seriously affected.DO NOT TRY!!!!

Make sure you downvote and comment on the video!

Otherwise, there'll be more people ruining their IS250's!!

Mike. So you tried with replacing one strut yes? Was the other strut still connected? What happens if you disconnect the 'old' strut and just use the new strut? Is the new strut a genuine Lexus part or one like the French guy used? What I'm thinking is if its a stronger action strut then the old strut being still in situ may have an adverse affect on the new one. Try disconnecting the old one and see how the boot operates with just the new.

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Mike. So you tried with replacing one strut yes? Was the other strut still connected? What happens if you disconnect the 'old' strut and just use the new strut? Is the new strut a genuine Lexus part or one like the French guy used? What I'm thinking is if its a stronger action strut then the old strut being still in situ may have an adverse affect on the new one. Try disconnecting the old one and see how the boot operates with just the new.

The new one is too strong. It lifts the boot fine but when you close the boot it sits higher on that side. I suspect that using only one would not reduce the high end result.

Oh right. Thanks. I've looked on eBay but only found used ones from Hungary I think. Used Google and have seen a couple companies making and selling them. 45 quid each. Lexus parts online shop 93 quid each. I'll look again next year as I think mine are getting slowly knackered. 

31 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Oh right. Thanks. I've looked on ebay but only found used ones from Hungary I think. Used Google and have seen a couple companies making and selling them. 45 quid each. Lexus parts online shop 93 quid each. I'll look again next year as I think mine are getting slowly knackered. 

I bought mine from SGS Engineering if that helps. £54.96 for a pair including delivery.

3 minutes ago, Texas said:

+1 on SGS, sorted my guillotine of a boot lid!

But for some reason SGS refer to the IS250 as a IS300!

Agree with this, crazy guillotine and un-Lexus like!

My order details for reference (fitted to my car currently):

struts.thumb.JPG.827f9b0de0338ff16dc7c7ceaf945bfd.JPG

• Like 1

Does this just make opening easy or does the boot pop up?
Makes the opening much easier and the boot needs a small lift and then it raises by itself.

I'm not sure if it was ever designed to open fully by itself. Doesn't seem safe?

• 4 months later...

Bought the sgs ones last week. Just fitted them and had a little panic when I thought the new ones wouldn't fit.

Turns out the boot lid was open further than necessary and just pulled it down to make sure the struts reached! Phew, now much better!

On 10/22/2020 at 2:11 PM, JDM-Fiend said:

I'm not sure if it was ever designed to open fully by itself. Doesn't seem safe?

I know it is bit older thread, but why it wouldn't be safe? I had IS250 AWD (US import) and it had self-opening boot - I assumed it was factory, but maybe previous owner had it retrofitted. 

As well my current RC boot opens fully by itself (I am sure this is factory) and to be honest it is a bit pain to close. 

18 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I know it is bit older thread, but why it wouldn't be safe? I had IS250 AWD (US import) and it had self-opening boot - I assumed it was factory, but maybe previous owner had it retrofitted. 

As well my current RC boot opens fully by itself (I am sure this is factory) and to be honest it is a bit pain to close. 

I probably should have clarified, I don't believe it should open itself purely by the button.

Mine now opens by pressing the open button and a slight touch to allow it to open itself. It's more of a preference I think.

Unsafe was a bit strong 😁

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links