Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear pad retainer pins

Bigchad

After a recent puncture whilst the wheel was off I noticed the rear pad retainer clips were in a bad state,,the pads were fitted 7 months ago at the dealers on purchasing the car but the clips obviously wern't..do they come with the pads or are they a seperate consumable just not having much luck finding them even with the part no from the workshop manual..Help appreciated!!

On 24/02/2017 at 8:42 AM, Bigchad said:

After a recent puncture whilst the wheel was off I noticed the rear pad retainer clips were in a bad state,,the pads were fitted 7 months ago at the dealers on purchasing the car but the clips obviously wern't..do they come with the pads or are they a seperate consumable just not having much luck finding them even with the part no from the workshop manual..Help appreciated!!

Is this the item.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Rear-Brake-Pad-Fit-Kit-for-Lexus-GS300-GS350-IS220-IS350-04948-30210-/191933262878?hash=item2cb01d2c1e:g:6BYAAOSwXrhXmjN2

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks madashatter already saw the eBay extortionate listing instead I went to a local steel merchant and bought a length of stainless wire of the same gauge and basically copied the spring (4 times) took about an hour but only cost £2..Thanks also to Lina.s only needed the springs as the pads only done 3k but the wires were past it,,another job done!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigchad said:

Thanks madashatter already saw the ebay extortionate listing instead I went to a local steel merchant and bought a length of stainless wire of the same gauge and basically copied the spring (4 times) took about an hour but only cost £2..Thanks also to Lina.s only needed the springs as the pads only done 3k but the wires were past it,,another job done!!

Yes certainly know how to charge for a bit of wire. Good for you for having a go and best of all the price.

I'm a hands on type fella that hates immoral money stealing from the good and proper folk..I'm no mechanic (this might sound all wrong) but I have been building cars now for 28years and come from an engineering upbringing so like to take a step back look at the issue and find a solution..maybe better than the original to boot..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...