Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Collection Day!

Hi all,

Just got back from collecting my New IS-F.

What a car!! I've come from a B7 RS4 but this thing makes it feel like a tractor! That intake noise is massively addictive and the throttle blip on down shifts just makes you want to keep doing it!

Would just like to say thanks to the previous owner 08ISF for the information, I think I'm going to really enjoy this car.

8ddaece7f5f72e0494dbd2d76ecbadaa.jpg

Happy Friday!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Just now, 08ISF said:

I hope you enjoy this car as much as I did. I'd have kept it for ever if I hadn't been seduced by a nearly new GSF! More of that in another post.

Please don't go posting stuff about the GS-F :wink3: @Big rat will be dumping his lovely silver IS-F on the market in a flash!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Please don't go posting stuff about the GS-F :wink3: @Big rat will be dumping his lovely silver IS-F on the market in a flash!

For Sale

Silver Lexus ISF 

ONE 🐀 Owner,well for the last 12 months anyway.........

Big Rat

6 hours ago, Stazza80 said:

Thanks for the comments guys, absolutely loving the car! Off down to the Cotswolds today for a good run out emoji964.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you had fun, I'd be interested to know more about how it compares to the audi, as much as I dislike Audi's generally, the b7 seems to be one of the good ones.

Thanks for the comments guys, absolutely loving the car! Off down to the Cotswolds today for a good run out [emoji964]

Hope you had fun, I'd be interested to know more about how it compares to the audi, as much as I dislike Audi's generally, the b7 seems to be one of the good ones.

The Audi is a great car. My main problem with it was that there seem to be too many common issues for what should be a reliable car (suspension leaks, sticky clutch, engine coking, oil cooler lines corrode, intermittent non starting etc.!). Also parts are ridiculously expense, the brake discs are £300 each (yes, each!) for example. Other than that they are great to drive, amazing grip with Quattro, and think they look and sound great too. Here's a pic of mine...b7249479999235639cd0912643b31100.jpg

• Like 1

Nice looking car Ben, as regards the issues those are broadly in line with a friend a few doors away who got rid of his because he was sick and tired of it, the unreliability and as you say the sheer cost, he bought a 13 Plate Merc C63 Coupe and guess what it's the same old story, such a shame as they are both charismatic cars.

Now you have been to the Cotswolds in the rain I guess, you were not far from the favourite ISF Cafe AV8, more of that another time , welcome to the fold👍

Big Rat

It's shame really as it puts a dampener on ownership, still, I've ticked the box now so happy I've had the opportunity to own one.

I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about Lexus ownership after what I've read. I'll be having a look for this cafe you talk of while I'm here!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stazza80 said:

The Audi is a great car. My main problem with it was that there seem to be too many common issues for what should be a reliable car (suspension leaks, sticky clutch, engine coking, oil cooler lines corrode, intermittent non starting etc.!). Also parts are ridiculously expense, the brake discs are £300 each (yes, each!) for example. Other than that they are great to drive, amazing grip with Quattro, and think they look and sound great too. Here's a pic of mine...b7249479999235639cd0912643b31100.jpg

That's lovely!

Looks like a nice example & welcome to the club.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the car. Bought my F in 2014 and it hasn't missed a beat.

I had a B7 V8 S4 before the ISF, which are not supposed to be quite as temperamental as the RS, but it still managed to need a new tiptronic gearbox (manufacturing fault) at £6.5k. Also had an issue with the mass air sensor which affected the gear changes on the new box, so for a while I thought I might need a 2nd - deep joy!!.  Shame because I loved the car, but when it became clear that the V8 was also prone to the chain tension slider issue, which I had already experienced with my previous B7 V6 quattro (£4k), that was the final straw for me.  At the time I thought I was probably just unlucky, but time has shown that these issues are all too common and the other German manufacturers are no better.  Couldn't fault the way the Audi dealership handled the issues though, they were brilliant. 

I did a lot of research before buying the ISF and nothing then or since has changed my view that you won't find another car of this type and performance that is as reliable. Fingers crossed I haven't just ginxed myself :wink3:

• Like 1