Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf for £38 k

18 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the front wheels on the wrong side as well ?

Big Rat

Yeah, think you're right 🐀.... Rather worrying tbh. But I will give them a ring see if they have some battered 2013 wheels they would like to off load! 👍 

44 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Yeah very dull, worse than an estate agents description 😉.  Hardly selling the unique selling features of the car...Rarity, future classic etc. 

Great, quiet location with easy access to motorway network :biggrin:

16 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Think your right big rat . Mine are other way  .nice spot mate 

What is it with dealers at times, its almost as if they need someone to  'proof read' a car before advertising it. I know things like this probably mean nothing to them just makes them look silly.

I bought a BMW 335i Convertible from a main dealer a AUC car, I said it needed 4 tyres prior to delivery, which they duly did, but genuinely the hour or so before they took them off and put the old tyres back as they mixed the car up with one going for auction.

Now I fully accept I should of checked looked the car over the walls had been Matt blacked which fooled me.

So Mrs Rat me set off to a drive by the coast and near Bournemouth Airport  a combined Police and DOT check point, a few  phone calls later to the dealer and an understanding Police man got me off the hook, but again they just make themselves look stupid, did get a free extra years warranty though 👍

Big Rat

11 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Great, quiet location with easy access to motorway network :biggrin:

My favourites are..... House in popular (this means cr@p) location, viewing highly recommended (well of course you would)....😁 😁 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Yes, worryingly yet another car with the wheels on the wrong way round, fronts are on the wrong sides.

@Mark GHope your mate gets yours right when you get those tyres done as one or two on here might take pics and post them up on here 😂

🐀

5 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

What is it with dealers at times, its almost as if they need someone to  'proof read' a car before advertising it. I know things like this probably mean nothing to them just makes them look silly.

I bought a BMW 335i Convertible from a main dealer a AUC car, I said it needed 4 tyres prior to delivery, which they duly did, but genuinely the hour or so before they took them off and put the old tyres back as they mixed the car up with one going for auction.

Now I fully accept I should of checked looked the car over the walls had been Matt blacked which fooled me.

So Mrs Rat me set off to a drive by the coast and near Bournemouth Airport  a combined Police and DOT check point, a few  phone calls later to the dealer and an understanding Police man got me off the hook, but again they just make themselves look stupid, did get a free extra years warranty though 👍

Big Rat

Lack of passion for the Cars/brand, just all about the money. I've never had a Lexus employee show any enthusiasm for their cars which is a bit sad. Surely day one for all employees should be to know their product.....same with any sales job. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Lack of passion for the Cars/brand, just all about the money. I've never had a Lexus employee show any enthusiasm for their cars which is a bit sad. Surely day one for all employees should be to know their product.....same with any sales job. 

@emjay82 you're right there can't say I've ever experienced it either, even at one or two independents I've used in the past, they all just seem so bored of it, it's as you say all about the money.

Its just a job to them which is understandable to a certain extent but a little bit of passion for the product would go a long way 😏

🐀

26 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Yes, worryingly yet another car with the wheels on the wrong way round, fronts are on the wrong sides.

As a slight aside has anyone noticed any difference in handling when wheels have been put in wrong way ? I have been a little concerned about my rear end stepping out all too easily and have been thinking there was something seriously wrong with the suspension . Car just did not feel planted at all - especially in the wet. After nursing the car and driving like a granny for a couple of weeks noticed the rear wheels were wrong way round , fronts were ok . Now swapped over and hoping all good now but not had a chance to test yet ? 

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 you're right there can't say I've ever experienced it either, even at one or two independents I've used in the past, they all just seem so bored of it, it's as you say all about the money.

Its just a job to them which is understandable to a certain extent but a little bit of passion for the product would go a long way 😏

🐀

You've got to have a little passion about what you do, or its the managers job to instill some into the employees.  I was never big on cake but you chaps and the AV8 have turned me into a lover not a hater. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dandydons said:

As a slight aside has anyone noticed any difference in handling when wheels have been put in wrong way ? I have been a little concerned about my rear end stepping out all too easily and have been thinking there was something seriously wrong with the suspension . Car just did not feel planted at all - especially in the wet. After nursing the car and driving like a granny for a couple of weeks noticed the rear wheels were wrong way round , fronts were ok . Now swapped over and hoping all good now but not had a chance to test yet ? 

The wheel shape is designed to help cool the brakes. Personally, I think that unless you were driving your car extremely hard you wouldn't notice it much. If the tyres themselves were fitted the wrong way then that's a different matter and you might notice handling problems. I've found my Bridgestone Winter Tyres twitchy in the wet but only my first winter with the F so can't make a fair comparison until next winter.

Thanks guys . The rears are asymmetric Dunlop sp sportmaxx so not directional and not driven too hard so will see over the next couple of days if it does feel any better . My first winter with the isf too . Might have to give some thought to winter tyres for next year . 

9 minutes ago, dandydons said:

Thanks guys . The rears are asymmetric Dunlop sp sportmaxx so not directional and not driven too hard so will see over the next couple of days if it does feel any better . My first winter with the isf too . Might have to give some thought to winter tyres for next year . 

I tried Bridgestone Blizzaks this winter and although I can't make a comparison....will be compelled to try Michelin or Continental next winter. 

4 minutes ago, Colin Herridge said:

WOW so that means that  within the next  12 month my 2012 ISF will be worth  more then my 2017 GSF ??

Well if you compare the most overpriced IS-F to the cheapest GS-F, you could be right. I've been scouring the forum for past pricing of 2011+ models of the IS-F and the below is the information I could find for cheapest available. It does appear that prices are still falling for the IS-F - albeit at a lower rate of depreciation than most other cars. For example, the 16% drop in value of a 2012 over 26 months is minimal.

Aug 13 - £32.6k (2011) 
Jan 15 - £30k (2011), £34k (2012) and £37.25 (2013)
Apr 15 - £29k (2011)
Feb 17 - £28k (2011) and £30k (2012)
Mar 17 - £28k (2011), £28.5k (2012) and £33k (2013)

23 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 You know what give em a ring they might want to part with the newer style to make some money quick, because that sure as heck ain't gonna make a quick buck on the car matey😂

Called the dealer today and the salesman said that the wheels are original to the car, so no battered 2013 wheels to buy :sad:

6 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Called the dealer today and the salesman said that the wheels are original to the car, so no battered 2013 wheels to buy :sad:

@emjay82 Perhaps not one of my better ideas then, I think you are going to struggle with this, the value for money aspect is a difficult one unless of course you employ that rarely employed method known in these parts as ' man maths '.

I did consider putting up some pics I found of the ones you want but decided that was cruel so how about this for a detailed car instead to cheer you up 😇IMG_0339.JPGIMG_0338.JPGIMG_0338.JPG

Or how about 4 'F's for sale at one dealer, sadly all gone now and it was Brighton Aus not UK.

Big Rat

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Perhaps not one of my better ideas then, I think you are going to struggle with this, the value for money aspect is a difficult one unless of course you employ that rarely employed method known in these parts as ' man maths '.

I did consider putting up some pics I found of the ones you want but decided that was cruel so how about this for a detailed car instead to cheer you up 😇IMG_0339.JPGIMG_0338.JPGIMG_0338.JPG

Or how about 4 'F's for sale at one dealer, sadly all gone now and it was Brighton Aus not UK.

Big Rat

Sorry meant to say 3 😡

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Was worth a try, the search will continue, thanks for the detailed 'F' pics....... I will persevere..... 

No probs I'll keep a weather eye out, in the unlikely event I see some shall I just buy them for you anyway 😌

Just now, Big Rat said:

No probs I'll keep a weather eye out, in the unlikely event I see some shall I just buy them for you anyway 😌

Reward paid in cake or sterling for a successful introduction to these rare beauties......  :laugh: or any ISF wheels tbh. Looked at the Weds Sports options but its a headache to work out the offset/slightly larger sizes etc.