Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 wheels/ ls400 clear indicators

All I can say is it looks ace

The wheels and clear suit that colour to a tee, it looks the business,

Don't think the wheels would suit my mk4 jade green as well, but I still want some. on my wish list now :)

................ yes you are right, it had been lowered with proper DHP suspension and wheels and tyres BUT it wasn't an original DHP car hence I wanted to buy it,  but back to original and the owner from whom I bought it ( Andy Cross the then Parts Manager at Lexus Poole Dorset ) who had done the full conversion was happy to re-instate the car to original for me......... my previous two, a Mk1 and then my Mk2 were all original cars.

It came with Full Lexus Service History and then done about 126k miles; now covered 191k miles and maintained by my local indy.

It still looks quite a smart car but that near 200k miles has taken it's toll a little and it rarely looks as pristine as the day i bought it ( sadly ).......  June 2011 at £1400.

But nonetheless it's still a very fine car and I can't see me wanting to change it anytime soon  ..........  certainly don't see " upgrading " being on offer from anywhere tbh :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 2

When I bought mine in 2006 there was no problem getting hold of the clear and smoked indicator units from the USA, the first set I had allowed water to leak inside so I bought a set of smoked which were great until I had one broken in a minor accident, both sets cost around $60.00 shipped with a decent exchange rate.

I bought my last set secondhand for around £50.00 as they are no longer produced new.

A set of clear rear light clusters could be had for around $300.00, if available you can double that now!

One thing I wish I had bought when cheap and available was the MINES engine ECU.

Like everything price is based on supply and demand, there is very little supply now but still heavy demand for these items, I should have invested in Lexus modification parts instead of a building society.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lockeyboy said:

Aren't they ls430 wheels though Malc? Did it have the dhp wheels before these?

Mark I really don't know. It's what was told to me at the time !

Malc

• Like 1

Fwiw - I enquired with h&r Germany about their lowering springs, however for some reason they are only sold in the uS, but are made in Germany.  Unsure why we don't get them over here:

http://www.redline360.com/hr-sport-lowering-springs-lexus-ls400-52426

A one inch drop would be just perfect IMO

• Like 1