1. 1. How old are you?

• 20 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 60
    • 61+

Hey all,

This part of a post by @dutchie01 got me thinking:

"Talking about age, i do have the opinion that the average age of " The Average Lexus Driver" is considerably higher than that of the competition. I sometimes think that with 55 i am amongst the younger ones out there. It is my impression only have not seen any demographic proof though.

A lexus is not for everybody..  "

I had a quick browse and couldn't see a relevant topic already posted, so thought I would start one.  If there is one already, kindly point me in its direction. :smile:

So how about it?

To be precise, I am 39 years old and this is my second Lexus.

I'm not sure Alan Partridge helped the cause..however for me it took several generations of driving complete crap before I found a proper car.

Running costs have been minimal as in my limited experience of running Lexus over 10 years naff all goes wrong. 

• Like 1

I agree that overall the reliability factor makes them good for running costs.

It is the cost of the dealer servicing, along with the fact that a lot of parts are dealer only and are expensive that makes them a costly proposition.

9 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Ok, I admit, I am not sure what you are trying to say :smile:

I think he's saying that we get wiser as we get older, and care less about the badge and image, and more about the actual car.

I also think he's right:whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 1:58 PM, Zotto said:

If you consider the average price of Lexus cars, not much to be surprised that young people does not drive a Lexus. :)

But it's the cheapest car I ever had for insurance, everything else is on par with running cost parts as the most expensive car I have had to run and repair which I would say is between the passed Chrysler 300c or the current BMW x5m

I am in my 30s and have a IS300h white f-sport. Given it's undeniably good sporty looks, I naively hadn't realised the average age is more like 40s and 50s.

it doesn't change how much I absolutely love my car but would you say people would see the car as more suitable for someone in their 40s and 50s...?

just curious that's all - I bought it for its looks, reliability and the fact it's a hyrbrid