Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now this is a VERY rare sight 😳

2 hours ago, Mark G said:

That's 97% of registered models GLOBALLY.....................

Those that have silver ones are very lucky then!

I read that on the back of a matchbox - or in a Lucky Bag (youngsters will not have a clue!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Now now @Mark G, do you really want to go poking fingers at the ultra reliable silver IS-Fs? :yahoo:

@Big Rat your silver IS-F been completely I believe?

Fill in the missing letters    s-e--in-r-c-                            :biggrin:

Who knows, the house I'm working on at the moment the owner has a 16 plate VW Touran 2.0 Diesel, it has been an unmitigated disaster but VW just keeping shelling out -

. X3 Wiring Looms ! £6.3k

. Front strut + Steering column £2.3k

. Fuel pump -twice £1.8k

The car has done 9k and he's had it from new it's spent more time off the road than on it.

He's tried to reject it they refuse to budge, what a dreadful situation.

🐀

I am not sure if that is related to VW but my father used to have company which run ~ 30 company cars for sales managers. At some point he had 30 new Golf 5s, 24 of which were out of service because of breakdowns and in for warranty service at local VW. At the time they had policy not to provide courtesy cars unless it takes more than 3 days to fix the issue. As you can imagine that didn't cut it because it is impossible to run business when only 6 out of 30 new cars are on the road. That resulted in legal action and VW started providing Polos as courtesy afterwards.

Side note - those prices obviously are the representative value, not the price it costs for VW or dealership to do it... I am sure it is same for Lexus.

• Like 1

Yes you are right as regards pricing they give him the ' not required to pay invoice ' covered by warranty stuff each time.

He is getting a courtesy car each time, he did try and reject the car at the beginning but they were having none of it.

I see he has a courtesy car again today I'm working there again from tomorrow no doubt I'll get the gen on that over tea and bikkies 😂

🐀

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I am not sure if that is related to VW but my father used to have company which run ~ 30 company cars for sales managers. At some point he had 30 new Golf 5s, 24 of which were out of service because of breakdowns and in for warranty service at local VW. At the time they had policy not to provide courtesy cars unless it takes more than 3 days to fix the issue. As you can imagine that didn't cut it because it is impossible to run business when only 6 out of 30 new cars are on the road. That resulted in legal action and VW started providing Polos as courtesy afterwards.

Side note - those prices obviously are the representative value, not the price it costs for VW or dealership to do it... I am sure it is same for Lexus.

I had a Mk5 Golf R32. That needed a new gearbox (under warranty).

• Like 1

one more point ... my father from experience at that company worked out that there are 2 best times to buy used car after 3 years and after 5-6. After 3 years car is generally drops in value a lot, but usually is still latest shape, yet at the same time it is still under warranty, but it won't breakdown, because unlucky owner from new would have fixed everything under warranty by the time. Similarly 5-6 years old would be super cheap due to the risk breaking down outside of warranty, but yet in tip-top condition due to being fully service under warranty up to that time. But the worst car is new one - you pay full price, it's value will drop like a rock and in the end of the day you will get used to drive around in courtesy all the time. That obviously mostly applies to company workhorses like golfs and fiestas, but I guess one can found some relevance in personal life, especially buying used ex-lease cars.

• Like 2

I've done some research my self in the past as regards the appropriate time to buy, buying new and selling to early is obviously a killer as regards residuals.

But you get the  car, spec, model you want and only you have driven it fine if it's a long term thing.

i guess second hand buying is always going to have attached to it the luck of the draw, just make sure you gen up on it, saves a lot of expense and heart ache in the long run.

🐀

• Like 1

I guess if you did you research you will never get it wrong... problem is that people are irrational creatures and they sometimes by used cars knowing that the price if too good to be true, or the car model is definitely one which is not only going to go wrong, but will cost fortune to fix as well e.g. old MB CL's lovely cars, but you know you in trouble if you buy one for £2k.

anyway back to the topic .. at least IS-Fs are reliable ... 

• Like 1

Yes you are right I've been temped by some Mercedes in the past a C63 was on my short list with the ISF it's easy to be justifiably seduced  by the C63's engine it's a beaut but again overall it had to be the ISF.

I made the right decision.

🐀

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links