Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust advice

Davmcgoo

Just bought an is200 and it's great except it's got a straight through exahust on it. Obviously won't pass MOT and is silly loud. Just wondering if anyone knows what the best option would be for me. New aftermarket exhaust? Try and find a used standard exhaust? Any advice would be great, thanks. New to these kind of cars and need it sorted sooner rather than later.

hi to be honest the choice is yours, you could go for a used one or an after market one depending on how much you have got to spend, has it still got the cats fitted though?

On 2/27/2017 at 4:45 PM, scudney said:

hi to be honest the choice is yours, you could go for a used one or an after market one depending on how much you have got to spend, has it still got the cats fitted though?

Silly question, how many cats is it supposed to have?

you have pre cats on the manifold and then a main cat before the mid pipe. It will fail if it doesn't have both of them usually. if you need a cat, best place is eBay for a second hand one. as for exhausts, its all about personal preference and how you want it to sound. cheapest option again is a second hand standard system on eBay, or you could go to a powerflow dealer as I did and have one made to your spec and sound, or  I know a lot of owners like the Cobra system.

As with everything, it just depends what you want and how much money you have to spend.

Cheers