Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h door seals

has anyone else noticed the poor sealing of the lower door seals, particularly the front ones?  Every time I clean the car, there is quite a build up of mud and damp, and general crud between the bottom door opening and the lower seals.  These seals don't seem to work too well and allow a worrying build up of crud in various nooks and crannies, all very difficult to get to to clean out.  It's at the stage where I'm considering complaining as this shouldn't be happening.  It seems like poor design.

• Like 1

That's a pretty decent outing!  Bruges looks like a lovely place to visit.

This shouldn't happen on a car that costs north of £50K new.  I wonder if the Mk4 version suffers the same?

2 hours ago, GSLV6 said:

has anyone else noticed the poor sealing of the lower door seals, particularly the front ones?  Every time I clean the car, there is quite a build up of mud and damp, and general crud between the bottom door opening and the lower seals.  These seals don't seem to work too well and allow a worrying build up of crud in various nooks and crannies, all very difficult to get to to clean out.  It's at the stage where I'm considering complaining as this shouldn't be happening.  It seems like poor design.

Do you mean on the painted bit just above the lower seal?

Mine is generally pretty clean there.

There's always going to be a little bit of dirt but nothing different to other vehicles. As long as its not getting into the interior of the car, its functioning well

However, Id still clean it out and give it some gummi pflege

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

That's a pretty decent outing!  Bruges looks like a lovely place to visit.

This shouldn't happen on a car that costs north of £50K new.  I wonder if the Mk4 version suffers the same?

We only paid £23k so perhaps the dirt ingress increase by 50%

on the gummy pfledge note id second that, it's pretty good stuff although I'd only bought it with a view to protect the seals from frost

might re apply this weekend and check again

• Like 1

The 4th generation model also suffers from road muck build up between the inner and outer seals on the doors. Most of the crud is on the black plastic trim area on the bottom of the doors (not the sills so much) and I now ensure that I wash these door bottom areas with a brush when I am cleaning the wheels. My last car was a 2013 RRS which has double door seals and the area between them remained pretty clean with no dirt ingress.

• 11 months later...
On 27/02/2017 at 4:53 PM, lockeyboy said:

We only paid £23k so perhaps the dirt ingress increase by 50%

on the gummy pfledge note id second that, it's pretty good stuff although I'd only bought it with a view to protect the seals from frost

might re apply this weekend and check again

Just done mine again - ready for the frost this week...

• Like 1

On 27/02/2017 at 4:54 PM, malcolmw said:

The 4th generation model also suffers from road muck build up between the inner and outer seals on the doors. Most of the crud is on the black plastic trim area on the bottom of the doors (not the sills so much) and I now ensure that I wash these door bottom areas with a brush when I am cleaning the wheels. My last car was a 2013 RRS which has double door seals and the area between them remained pretty clean with no dirt ingress.

Agreed re the gen 4 RX, mine always has dirt on the black plastic trim inside the bottom of the front doors. Just clean it off with a wet brush. Doesnt worry me at all as its not getting into the interior

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links