Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Facelift LS430 Front Bumper Removal

Hi Guys

I need to remove my front bumper to remove my driver side headlight to replace the HID Ballast.

Does anybody have any instructions on how to remove the bumper or perhaps an extract from the workshop manual

many thanks

On my "02" LS430 I placed a thin sheet of modellers plastic sheet over the bumper and wiggled the light unit over this and it came out without any damage and went in the same way. The plastic sheet is only about 1/16" thick.  Don't know of any changes in shape from 02 to 04 to prevent this working on yours.  Hope it helps. 

13 hours ago, 39buss said:

On my "02" LS430 I placed a thin sheet of modellers plastic sheet over the bumper and wiggled the light unit over this and it came out without any damage and went in the same way. The plastic sheet is only about 1/16" thick.  Don't know of any changes in shape from 02 to 04 to prevent this working on yours.  Hope it helps. 

Hi Jim

I think (can't pin it down where i read this) that the facelift LS headlight has one screw on the bottom which can only be accessed by removing the bumper - so I'm just trying to do as much homework before i tackle this job.