Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

freebies

Mitch

I didnt think I had done too well but perhaps I did after all

For a cash sale for my RX300SE with SatNav, after negotiations over 1 week I eventually got 3 keyrings, floor mats front and back, Tracker installed, Horizontal and Vertical cargo nets, Lexus umbrella and at the last minute (no pun intended) I got them to throw in a RX300 watch.

They offered a crap trade-in allowance for my previous Rover 600 but I didnt take it up and eventually traded it in with a second (inherited) car for my wife's new Peugeot 206CC. Even for this in-demand little motor I got an extra £500 for the Rover over the Lexus offer.

RX300 and 206CC make a perfect combination for to cover all weathers and towing a caravan and the occasional 3 passengers. :bounce:

Hi Playa

Our Lexus Sales Manager recieved your email this morning,I believe he is in the process of sorting something out but I don't know what as a gesture of goodwill to you

Chris

• 19 years later...

Very very old thread, but I wonder whether times have changed?
Audi came up with a rather nice umbrella

Volvo provided two ballpoint pens which lasted a couple of weeks

Mercedes made a big deal of presenting a key ring

Toyota gave two dolls which the granddaughters appreciated.

Not holding my breathe this time🙂

Full tank of petrol (I've read this is not the norm here in the UK? Expected n the US), 2 keyrings, and a picnic hamper (clotted cream, biscuits, tea...etc.). Nice gesture from our dealer on a new ~32k car. My better half reciprocated with German chocolates.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2002 at 2:02 AM, Mitch said:

***** u lot did quite well out of the dealers. did u jus ask them for stuff or did they jus give it ya?? coz im go complain they aint offered me *****

:regan:

Maybe a clear disambiguation of colourfull adjectives might help your cause immensely 😎

• Haha 1

for my IS, a reluctant respray of their badly repaired wing....(not spotted when I bought it) ...  and for the Rx, a keyring and golf umbrella ... all together very different experience from two different dealers, despite the same franchise ...  (never use the first one again)

• Like 1

My GSF back in October 2020 

Full service,MOT, new tyres & brakes aswell as alloy wheel refurbished on some wheels I was not happy with, free delivery ( other side of England )2 free keyrings and a full take a petrol.

My NX purchased in March, free lexus protect (ceramic coating thingy) full tank of petrol, free delivery ( came from near Scotland down to Essex)

I've always managed to get looked after, the key is don't ask for the freebies when you've already agreed to the sale. As why would they give you stuff when you've already said yes ? 

• Like 1