Sign in to follow this  
Fever

Your Thoughts Please...

Boys and Girls,

Bonus permitting :shifty: I'm planning to do another big mod soon B) I have two options in my mind and I just wanted to see what everyone thought!

First off a new set of 19 inch alloys. Plus points...I like the look of a bigger wheel size on the IS...but would they look good with the Eibachs I already have fitted?? Basically I mean the arch to tyre gap or would I just end up higher off the floor with the same gap i have now on 18's? Also I would be able to make some money back by selling the wheels and tyres I have now!

Option 2 Tein or TTE suspension kit and stick with the wheels I have now and drop the car right down? Would having a coilover kit fitted wear any parts on the car quicker...bushes, etc, due to the harder ride?

Thanks - Neil

Go for the 19's, and sell me your 18's cheap!

:winky: :whistling:

But seriously, I think the 19's will have more impact, but as Scott says, the coilovers will improve handling. (not sure about ride quality though, talk to Steve)

Thats currently my dilema!

Coilovers i will get first.. still saving for the rims i want (£5k with tyres !!!!!)

I've got a nice induction kit in my boot :whistling:

flash git

most people have them in their engine bay :lol:

Tein NA kit with 4 height adjustments and 16 damping.

AND

TTE Anti roll bar kit...

Wicked...............And well worth the £1000 Spend...Thereabouts..

Want a mixture of performance + looking???

Stay with the 18'' and get coilovers ;)

19'' are too stiff for accelerating with much power.

There should be some more rubber around the wheel to smooth the power traction down to the ground.

Guess why dragster have such small wheels and much rubber.

Also in curves your 19'' will have grip until the deadly border.... after that you're away from the street.

So go with 18''... far enough... 19'' is for looking a bit better.

And don't waste money on springs..... get some coilovers and you can lower your car by yourself for summer and higher it for winter (snow and huge snow balls from other cars and trucks which loose them while driving). :winky:

I will receive my HKS coilovers in about 5 days...... :yahoo:

Why not keep the 18's and forget the 19's

Suspension, leave that too.

You're obviously getting a good bonus, so why don't you just stick in a TTE Supercharger!! :P

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I think I will be going for the coilovers now....you've helped my make up my mind :D

>>>Jock, unfortunately, the bouns isn't gonna be big enough to cover the supercharger and insurance increase...that will have to come another day!! :crybaby:

I'm thinking Tein NA kit now...whats the ride quality over the eibachs gonna be like? I don't want it to hard!

Cheers - Neil

Neil,

Why not wait till Sunday, Im sure Steve (audio X) wont mind taking you for a spin in his, so you can feel how stiff the ride is..