Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

We collected out very nice nx300h premium on the 2nd of march and I must say that I had some doubts as I have posted earlier but it's great . Apart from the Lexus premium infotainment system can anyone enlighten me on a couple of things . 1st is there a way to get the music to either mute or reduce volume automatically  when the sat nav is speaking ,if you have the music volume up slightly I can't hear her and she is turned up full to no 7 , and the music volume is not really loud both our other cars do this. 2nd the mark levinson sound system well sorry to say to our ears it's really not that good not a patch on the Mercedes or land rovers harman kardon system, there doesn't seem to be much bass or depth to the sound it all seems to be coming from the front. I have played with all the sound and balance settings but to no avail. I'm wondering if there is a menu I'm missing somewhere. Thanks in advance...

It seems to be that there is no volume reduction on radio when satnav is speaking.  DanD forum member commented that his RX450 is the same whereas the RX400 did reduce volume automatically. I have looked at the US and Canada forums also and same issue with the NX300h. I'm in the same boat.  Sorry buddy. 

On 3/7/2017 at 6:43 AM, Stevebrighton said:

We collected out very nice nx300h premium on the 2nd of march and I must say that I had some doubts as I have posted earlier but it's great . Apart from the Lexus premium infotainment system can anyone enlighten me on a couple of things . 1st is there a way to get the music to either mute or reduce volume automatically  when the sat nav is speaking ,if you have the music volume up slightly I can't hear her and she is turned up full to no 7 , and the music volume is not really loud both our other cars do this. 2nd the mark levinson sound system well sorry to say to our ears it's really not that good not a patch on the Mercedes or land rovers harman kardon system, there doesn't seem to be much bass or depth to the sound it all seems to be coming from the front. I have played with all the sound and balance settings but to no avail. I'm wondering if there is a menu I'm missing somewhere. Thanks in advance...

Have you tried the equaliser in the audio settings - remember you have to do this for every source individually

Also, ML sound is heavily dependent on the source you give it. Its rubbish for radio as the source is extremely poor in quality but you'll find that CD's and USB are much better.

Another thing to remember is that ML is a pure audiophile unit - its designed to reproduce music the way the producer intended and therefore don't be expecting serious artificial base unless you turn the volume up, put treble all the way down and bass to max.

Oh and yes, the volume needs to be turned up properly as the full surround doesn't seem to kick in at low volumes and sounds flat. Worth giving it some time as well, the speakers are fairly fresh on a new car, itll need running in a bit.

• Like 1

Thanks Ryanns, all you have just said it very true , after more fiddling and playing I'm actually loving it now , the volume does have to be cranked up a bit for it to reach it's best . As for the sat nav volume not reducing/muting when it's giving voice commands is a bit pooh , I've never known this before on a built in sat nav but guess just have to get used to it....

Of course the flip side of this is that,  on other cars I've owned, I get really annoyed with the sat navigation cutting in and muting the radio just when I'm listening to an interesting story on the radio.  It would be nice to have the option to set the system to suit all owners preferences. 

• Like 1

Grats on the car - have to say the ML system in the NX is one of the best I have heard however it varies massively depending on the source / song. Playing some high bitrate USB songs and the quality is amazing, massive bass with no distortion yet other songs can sound washed out and some sources (Bluetooth audio) are just average at best.

Luckily not so dependant on listening to the satnav now anyway, with the great HUD and directions on console as well as main screen it's a lot easier to follow! (Although would be nice to have it switchable for auto mute)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links