Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I nearly sold my GS300 recently due to a mixture of reasons, none of them car related and even listed it on an well known auction site.

It didn't sell in the end and I was glad really because I love the car it is a brilliant machine.

I was just walking back from posting a birthday card at the end of the street and spied my beauty on the drive from a distance. I love it.

IMG_20170308_153757009.jpg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Close call selling the GS but thankfully you came to your senses, so you are forgiven :thumbup1:

Nice classic btw.

Yes, Very close call but I was having second thoughts even when the ad was listed and nearly pulled it a couple of times. Thanks for the absolution.:smile:

20 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Wow! Surely there can't be many left in the UK? Saloon or estate?

I have had 3 Toyotas - a 1974 Carina was my first - what a car!

The saloon is a rare car these days, at least in the uk. The estate eclipes the saloon in the rarity stakes Toyota having only ever seemingly sold 7 estate versions.

Although this cannot be officially verified, a reliable source who owns the only other known survivor says he's only ever known of six estates in existence including our two and the other four are long gone apparently. So that would suggest the original figure of 7 is probably correct.

Only two left now, mine is running a Lexus 1UZ FE and his awaiting some attention. here's a picture of the other known survivor.

Thanks for the interest. 

LhvoLDM.jpg

• Like 1

You are quite correct, mine had stainless steel hub caps. My Dad's Corolla KE??  had the same wheels as the Cressida. Did they have this coupe in the UK? I don't remember seeing one. I always loved the Celica TA22. My father used to deliver Toyotas when they were imported into Dover. He took a Celica in brown metallic to Paddy Hopkirk. He obviously got it cheap as it was a direct delivery.

If I came into a silly amount of money I would buy one - but they command very high prices for a good one. The same mechanicals as my Carina.

Toyota Celica TA22 (2).jpg

75246323a47534c69be75c956d0b5a6b.jpg

I'm not sure about the coupe it may have been an private import only, I'm far too young to remember these cars from the period I was born in 79, I just have a love for cool old cars mainly Japanese stuff but anything that is interesting or beautiful to my eye.

That's an interesting story about your dad delivering a carina to Mr Hopkirk I wonder how it compared to his mini!? much more advanced vehicle in period I should imagine?

The celica's are great cars and you're right they're are only going up in value, there a lovely example on the other forum I am often found on, I'll try and find a picture of it, it's perfection.

The gentleman I bought my Carina from bought one of these new! Both cars were chocolate metallic.

Toyota's Mustang. I did not like the style compared to the coupe.

Worth a look:-

http://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/these-are-the-15-greatest-toyotas-ever-built#1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceramicolive said:

Found it although it is an RA25? not sure of the differences but it is a lovely looking car.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/192881/1975-toyota-celica-gt2000-ferocious

rRKCCm6.jpg

Those rear window louvers take me back to late 60's early 70's, I had similar fitted to the 3 ltr Capri's I had at the time , I have wondered recently what they would look like on the slope of the rear window of my GS430, though the auto rear blind would then become redundant.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links