Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rx 450 roof rails

I have just bought a rx450 on a 10 plate that has no roof rails,what I want to know is would the roof rails off a 400h fit mine as I am struggling to get a set second hand unless i get them from lexus which are extortionate, if any body doesn't want theres then I am open to a purchase.

3 hours ago, granadaman said:

I have just bought a rx450 on a 10 plate that has no roof rails,what I want to know is would the roof rails off a 400h fit mine as I am struggling to get a set second hand unless i get them from lexus which are extortionate, if any body doesn't want theres then I am open to a purchase.

Nah they wont fit 

The RX450h's don't come with them as standard. However, worth checking eBay as Lexus Birmingham tend to have good deals on roof rails for the 450h

9 hours ago, granadaman said:

don't get me wrong I realise they don't as strandard but what i really want to know is will the 400 rails fit a 450 as there are far more of them in breakers yards.

Like I already said, 400h one's won't fit. They're slightly shorter.

• Like 1

Talk to jo at lexus Birmingham she is very helpful and delivers quick,i got roof rails for my 450h for less than £170.I have asked about some genuine wind deflectors and she can do those for £260 which is still expensive for wind deflectors but a lot better than the £400 + lexus usually want.

• 1 year later...

Hi Mick, I’m in the same position, the one I’ve found doesn’t have the rails. Have you found the number instruction's for fitting them?

ps: Lexus Bristol quoted me £236 + vat. So not as good as Birmingham but better than £400.

Dave

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hate to bring back an old thread but i can get a set of 400h rails pretty cheap, what i am wondering if the roof fitting is the same as the 450H , IF so the bars are the short piece which i can get here 

For Lexus RX270 / RX350 / RX450h 2009 2016 Roof Rack Rails Bar Luggage Carrier Bars top Cross Racks Rail Boxes Aluminum alloy|Roof Racks & Boxes| - AliExpress

any advice would be great.

I too would like to find some roof bars. Ideally second hand but seem hard to find. That one on alibaba may or may not be ok. I have asked Lexus Birmingham to contact me with a price...

I tried Lexus Birmingham and as I reported on another thread on this subject, the special offer they were doing on the supply of new rails was ended so no joy there.  Incidentally, I had to ask Birmingham 3 times before I got a reply.  Eventually, I bought my long rails and the cross bars from Lexus Spares Direct ie, Lexus Swindon.  They too have now advised some members, including me, that they have now reduced discount they are giving for non trade. The ref given on invoice was L08301-48800 for the long rails.

The long rails supplied came with the longer bolts needed along with other trim parts and new gaskets.  This is a known source of leaks into the cabin so retrofitting should be done with care.  Fitting instructions were in diagrammatic form.  Unfortunately, I can't find my instructions but I recall they were for post 2008.

The cross bars were for model year 2009 RX450h and RX350 and the reference given LPZ403-K0622-00 which also appears on the diagrammatic instruction manual  ref number AIM 001 259-1 

The safety note with the cross bars states that the maximum rack load is 80KG/176 lbs, dead weight of the roof rack, approx 5KG.  The maximum rack load is made up of the dead weight of the roof rack, the accessories and the load.  There is also a warning  about retightening bolts and straps at regular intervals.                                                                                                                   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

I tried Lexus Birmingham and as I reported on another thread on this subject, the special offer they were doing on the supply of new rails was ended so no joy there.  Incidentally, I had to ask Birmingham 3 times before I got a reply.  Eventually, I bought my long rails and the cross bars from Lexus Spares Direct ie, Lexus Swindon.  They too have now advised some members, including me, that they have now reduced discount they are giving for non trade. The ref given on invoice was L08301-48800 for the long rails.

The long rails supplied came with the longer bolts needed along with other trim parts and new gaskets.  This is a known source of leaks into the cabin so retrofitting should be done with care.  Fitting instructions were in diagrammatic form.  Unfortunately, I can't find my instructions but I recall they were for post 2008.

The cross bars were for model year 2009 RX450h and RX350 and the reference given LPZ403-K0622-00 which also appears on the diagrammatic instruction manual  ref number AIM 001 259-1 

The safety note with the cross bars states that the maximum rack load is 80KG/176 lbs, dead weight of the roof rack, approx 5KG.  The maximum rack load is made up of the dead weight of the roof rack, the accessories and the load.  There is also a warning  about retightening bolts and straps at regular intervals.                                                                                                                   

Thank you Barry.  You have just given me a strong clue to where water ingress may be interfering with the operation of my power tailgate.

Apparently the little rubber seals can perish over time but I would think judicious placement of some good silicone might serve the purpose.

Good luck with your tailgate problem Steve.  I understand how frustrating it can be getting to the cause of electrical malfunctions. 

16 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

Apparently the little rubber seals can perish over time but I would think judicious placement of some good silicone might serve the purpose.

Good luck with your tailgate problem Steve.  I understand how frustrating it can be getting to the cause of electrical malfunctions. 

I'll take a look tomorrow Barry, dry and sunny apparently.  It will be interesting what I find.  I've already thought of using some non-setting plumber's mate type stuff on the threads of the bolts, or PTFE tape maybe.  I'll be delighted if I find evidence of water ingress, I then have every chance of sorting the problem.

7 hours ago, RonsonSJohnson said:

would any one know if the roof fixing are the same for the rx400 and RX450 ?

i under stand the bars are longer on the 450h but are the fixings the same ?

Your best bet is to ask a Lexus dealer about this (even if there isn't one locally).  As I remember on the rails I fitted for my RX450h there was no adjustment for fixing bolts, the whole rail for each side came as one piece incorporating the fixing holes at each end.  Plastic end caps then precisely snapped into place at each end to cover the bolts and complete the radiused sweep to the roof.

Just to be clear, the 'Roof Rails' run along the length of the car whilst the transverse bars are called 'Cross Bars'. I think there might have been some confusion earlier on and what was under query was the length of the 'Cross Bars' rather than the roof 'Rails'.

• 2 years later...
On 4/6/2021 at 9:54 AM, RonsonSJohnson said:

Hate to bring back an old thread but i can get a set of 400h rails pretty cheap, what i am wondering if the roof fitting is the same as the 450H , IF so the bars are the short piece which i can get here 

For Lexus RX270 / RX350 / RX450h 2009 2016 Roof Rack Rails Bar Luggage Carrier Bars top Cross Racks Rail Boxes Aluminum alloy|Roof Racks & Boxes| - AliExpress

any advice would be great.

I am looking for some Roof rails for my 2012 rx450h.  Has anybody bought these ones from aliexpress?  The price looks very good.   

I'm confused by the talk of water ingress? On another thread,  somebody else wrote that the roof rails fix to the outside of the roof with no need to drill holes, and there's no need to remove the interior headlining to fit them.  So, how can water get in?

1 hour ago, welland said:

I am looking for some Roof rails for my 2012 rx450h.  Has anybody bought these ones from aliexpress?  The price looks very good.   

I'm confused by the talk of water ingress? On another thread,  somebody else wrote that the roof rails fix to the outside of the roof with no need to drill holes, and there's no need to remove the interior headlining to fit them.  So, how can water get in?

I assume that no drilling is required because the holes are pre-drilled. If you look at the trim pieces on the roof you'll see removable bits at each end, so if you lift one of these you'll see where it fits.

One of the reasons I went for the 450 over the 400 was the fact that it didn' come with either roof rails or a sunroof, both of which are known to cause leaaks.