Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Waranty Shock absorbers

Saul.Lex

Dear Team,

I have a service plan, Lexus warranty and today my car went for a MOT but failed on "near side rear shock absorbers, excessive leak".

Lexus Warranty refusing to cover it as they its wear & tear.

Cost £700 +

Has anyone had this covered by the warranty?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

On the warranty document it says:

MOT Protected Part
Each mechanical and electrical part of the Protected Vehicle listed in Clause 5.7

all front and rear suspension shock absorbers  is covered:

Then this:

5.2 We will not pay for the cost of repairing or replacing any MOT Protected Part that suffers a Mechanical or Electrical Failure as a result of wear and tear or corrosion.

is excessive leak, wear and tear?

Its a tricky one at 120k/11 years

Id be inclined to say at that mileage its probably wear and tear caused by the seals wearing out and therefore the shock starts leaking fluid. 

It'd probably be replaced under warranty at say 60k but at 120k its a whole different story

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A 'failure' like this after 11 years and 120k miles has to be normal wear and tear surely?

I'd push for a goodwill contribution though to try to soften the bill a little

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links