Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

The only thing I would say is that my original post was simply to announce my departure from Lexus ownership.  I made no mention of where it was advertised or how much, but my post was removed.  I'm aware of the rules which is why I didn't give any details, I just thought some LS owners may have been vaguely interested.   Anyway, no point in this as I have a buyer (assuming he actually gets around to paying the agreed deposit!)

Announcing the fact you are going to get rid of your car or you are putting it up for sale is announcing to the membership that your car is becoming available to buy, that is where you went wrong and should you at a later date come back and say your buyer has not turned up and unless you say you have decided to keep it you will be in the wrong again.

Fair enough, rules are rules.  But Mike, it's pretty obvious that some rules are unclear - to longstanding and valued members.  Perhaps, instead of shouting at us in bold type, you could think about clarifying certain rules so that this issue doesn't actually arise again?  That would be a tactful and constructive way of exercising your responsibility as moderator.  If not, I think I've had it with this forum.  It's not the friendly place it used to be.

• Like 3

As a member on here and on the facebook page there are no such rules on fb. Abide by the rules here as by joining you agree to them and if your selling your car and not a member jusr  post it to the fb page. Im sure word would get around.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Fair enough, rules are rules.  But Mike, it's pretty obvious that some rules are unclear - to longstanding and valued members.  Perhaps, instead of shouting at us in bold type, you could think about clarifying certain rules so that this issue doesn't actually arise again?  That would be a tactful and constructive way of exercising your responsibility as moderator.  If not, I think I've had it with this forum.  It's not the friendly place it used to be.

How many more times do you have to have the rules spelt out to you? The rules are simple , clear and easy to understand.

Shall we close this thread gents?

this site is the main reason I bought an ls400 and has provided copious amounts of free information, to allow me to do things I would never have had the confidence to do; to the extent that I've then bought another to keep it company

we all have a shared interest, and should remember that. 

• Like 1

How many more times do you have to have the rules spelt out to you? The rules are simple , clear and easy to understand.

1 - As far as I can remember I've never had to have the rules spelt out to me personally, and I object to being spoken to like a naughty schoolboy.

2 - Other longstanding and valued members, whose integrity is obvious, HAVE had to have it spelt out or at least reminded, which proves that however clear the rules are to you, Mike, they're not so clear to some other members.  Instead of ticking them off, why not try to prevent confusion in the first place?  The terms and conditions state quite clearly that anything that even hints at advertising should not be posted.  Fair enough.  But wouldn't it be helpful to have a pointer there to Gold Membership?  That would direct people appropriately.

• Like 1

I can't see the issue with the rules, you sign up to the site, you should know the rules of the site.

Mike usually greets newbies and points them in the direction of the rules

Many people have been warned many times about posting items for sale, you cant do it. Its against the rules. Simples.......

Putting it in large bold font by a moderator is not the best way to remind people who should be aware anyway.

Has the red offended anyone? :yahoo:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scribe said:

1 - As far as I can remember I've never had to have the rules spelt out to me personally, and I object to being spoken to like a naughty schoolboy.

2 - Other longstanding and valued members, whose integrity is obvious, HAVE had to have it spelt out or at least reminded, which proves that however clear the rules are to you, Mike, they're not so clear to some other members.  Instead of ticking them off, why not try to prevent confusion in the first place?  The terms and conditions state quite clearly that anything that even hints at advertising should not be posted.  Fair enough.  But wouldn't it be helpful to have a pointer there to Gold Membership?  That would direct people appropriately.

I always send a private message to the member with a link to becoming a Gold member and also a link to the rules to some members on more than one ocassion. Whats wrong with that?

I think that what you all need to do do is contact Steve Barnes the club founder and chief admin and tell him as Chasdad put it " That shows how daft the rule is"  as Scribe says " some rules are unclear" Steves email address is  lexusoc@gmail.com

As one member has said it would be best to close this thread as its not going any where.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links