Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine oil leak - what is it?

Hi all,

Found a leak feom this contraption by the radiator, cannot for the life of me find an engine diagram online so want to know what it is if anyone can identify?

05379800c1f30a11d6f68dc4ef10bb46.jpg

Sent from The Isle Of Sheppey

Just now, Farqui said:

Yes, that's your AC's condensing radiator and the contraption looks like a drier.

Try to locate the source of the leak.

Thanks, the condensing radiator has just been replaced, will see how easy it is to source a drier

If you have recently had the condenser replaced I would have hoped that the complete system was checked before being  refilled for leaks.

I would take the car back to the place that did the work and ask them to sort it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Ah in that case, maybe the connection to the drier is weeping? It may only need a new seal? Or maybe the seal twisted during refitting?

1 minute ago, steve2006 said:

If you have recently had the condenser replaced I would have hoped that the complete system was checked before being  refilled for leaks.

I would take the car back to the place that did the work and ask them to sort it.

Thanks both will enquire with the garage tomorrow

• Like 1

Who replaced the condenser because they should have replaced the receiver/dryer at the same time? I recently had a leak from the top of my dryer after replacing the condenser because the a/c guy had not used new bolts on the dryer he had to come back and do it for free with a regas. The bolts invariably are very difficult to undo.

• Like 1

Some condensors don't come with driers, i guess they didn't order a drier and saved the customer a few quid.

Granted I would have replaced both tho.

2 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Some condensors don't come with driers, i guess they didn't order a drier and saved the customer a few quid.

Granted I would have replaced both tho.

Yes but it's standard to replace the dryer when you do the condensor.

Max hi, out of interest, and as I live on Sheppey too and will possibly need my aircon " seeing to "  I should like to know which company did your repair please.

Thanks

Malc

43 minutes ago, Malc said:

Max hi, out of interest, and as I live on Sheppey too and will possibly need my aircon " seeing to "  I should like to know which company did your repair please.

Thanks

Malc

Hi Malc,

To be fair the garage I used to do had down to replace new cambelt kit and water pump, at the same time they replaced my radiator as one of the spokes was missing and was very old. As the rad had to come off anyway made sense in terms of the labour. while they were doing this though they said that the air con radiator was well past it. At that point I said don't worry I will source the part myself as rather hard to come by. So in all fairness more my fault rather than the garage in terms of the drier not being replaced, if I knew my onions then I would have got that part at the same time.

I am using NRP off the lower road Malc, have been great to be honest. Very honest bunch, they overcharged me by accident on the cambelt repair and rang me back up the same day to refund, as I say very honest and straight talking. Know their stuff, the mechanic who has been working on my car loves them and always chats for ages how good these cars are. Can definitely recommend these guys

• Like 1