Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Model NX 2018?

5 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Is it true there will be a new model NX late 2017 or early 2018 in the U.K.? If so, any ideas how it will be different?

The Sport trim level usually signifies the end of production for a Lexus model in the next 12 months. This would suggest that yes, a facelifted NX should be revealed late 2017 and deliveries should commence in March 2018. This would be true of the CT as well which I believe is being replaced by the UX

Having said that, there's no concrete info. Speculation would suggest that the NX will get a larger screen (possibly 10") like the IS. There is also a new hybrid drivetrain in development. Its still a 300h but has more power and better claimed efficiency. I believe it uses the multistage transmission and lithium ion batteries. However, we don't know whether Lexus will bother to put it in the facelifted NX300h or wait until the 2nd Gen NX.

I presume there'll also be some minor cosmetic changes such as reworked bumpers and lights (the rear lights are in need of a change I think) and possibly the addition of new colours/interior options

• Like 1

Thanks rayaans, I will keep a look out. I'd also like to see some improvements with the interior. I like beige leather all over (like my 2007 GS300) not just the facings. I don't like the current cream leather, far too light and doesn't look good against all that black. More beige or darker cream required! Also a roll top cover for the boot in place of the hard shelf. That would do it for me :-) BTW, how do find out about all this stuff (new drivetrain in development etc)?

5 hours ago, JeffL said:

Thanks rayaans, I will keep a look out. I'd also like to see some improvements with the interior. I like beige leather all over (like my 2007 GS300) not just the facings. I don't like the current cream leather, far too light and doesn't look good against all that black. More beige or darker cream required! Also a roll top cover for the boot in place of the hard shelf. That would do it for me :-) BTW, how do find out about all this stuff (new drivetrain in development etc)?

That hard shelf is unlikely to be changed at the moment anyway and Im sure some of the interior colours will be changed - expect the new sandstone colour or whatever its called.

I have a few friends who work in Lexus Marketing and they usually find out everything a long time before everyone else!

• Like 1