Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dad Radio not working... Wifi hotspot installed

I'm struggling with the Dab Radio on my recent IS 300h Executive 2015, I know it's not the easiest to setup and I've done it on previous cars, this one just doesn't scan anything, it jus says no signal, I've tried refreshing several time but no luck.

This car has a Lexus wireless Hotspot installed, it must have been a dealer fit, I'm thinking the DAB has been disabled due to this. ~the wireless box is a little unit in the front arm rest and there seems to be an Ariel installed on the screen next to the mirror.

Anyone got one installed or have experience of these? I'd much rather have the DAB than the Wireless.

http://blog.lexus.co.uk/hotspot-brings-wifi-to-your-lexus/

Hi Casa, 

Mine has the hotspot wifi fitted but I thought the aerials are internal to the unit, don't use it but my dab is fine in good signal areas. Sounds like someone may have fitted an extra dab aerial to the windscreen to try and get better reception. Maybe the existing aerial has been disconnected.

Thanks Bob, I managed to fix it. I think it was set to an dab ensemble which was out of range ( car from other part of the country), I've forgotten how complex Lexus had made it. There is a aerial near the rear view mirror, I thought it was for the Hotspot but you could be right that it may be to improve the DAB, this car certainly seems to get stations the other couldn't. 

I won't be using the Hotspot either as I'll have to pay for an additional Sim, plus all the family has apple so could just set my phone as a hotspot.