Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Portal Live

Well it seems the new Lexus portal has gone live after being down for a long time.

Sad to say it still doesn't work connecting to the car though, the portal now uses email address for username but the car can only handle 16 characters for the username so with something like @hotmail.com you are down to just 4 characters you could use.

Their entire infotainment / website / coding side needs serious attention, it's like they just asked people who were previously building cars if they fancied trying to do the coding side...

10 hours ago, Valkirk said:

Well it seems the new Lexus portal has gone live after being down for a long time.

Sad to say it still doesn't work connecting to the car though, the portal now uses email address for username but the car can only handle 16 characters for the username so with something like @hotmail.com you are down to just 4 characters you could use.

Their entire infotainment / website / coding side needs serious attention, it's like they just asked people who were previously building cars if they fancied trying to do the coding side...

eh? my email address is @hotmail.co.uk and has a beginning of 7 letters and works fine. 

Yes, the portal now uses one's email address as the login, along with the original password.

If one looks at the portal account profile details there is a separate login username shown (the one originally created to login to the portal and the car) that one still uses in the car when signing in and connecting the car to the portal. The password is the same as one uses to login to the portal. If one had already connected the car previously and saved those details on the car system, one doesn't need to change anything in the car.

48 minutes ago, rayaans said:

eh? my email address is @hotmail.co.uk and has a beginning of 7 letters and works fine. 

Very strange? Car only went in a week ago for latest software update but after typing in 16 chars everything greys out on mine and it won't let me anymore characters.... 

15 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Yes, the portal now uses one's email address as the login, along with the original password.

If one looks at the portal account profile details there is a separate login username shown (the one originally created to login to the portal and the car) that one still uses in the car when signing in and connecting the car to the portal. The password is the same as one uses to login to the portal. If one had already connected the car previously and saved those details on the car system, one doesn't need to change anything in the car.

I'll check it out, never got mine to connect as just after I purchased and was setting it up the portal went down and hasn't been available since.

It might be I just have a faulty unit if people aren't having issues with character limit and I have already been told may have an issue by Lexus based on my video footage of telling the car to 'suspend guidance' from which it comes back with 'playing an album....'

Can you still log into the portal with your username? If I go there I can only login with email even though it says Username\Email, username just gives login failure error.

55 minutes ago, Valkirk said:

Can you still log into the portal with your username? If I go there I can only login with email even though it says Username\Email, username just gives login failure error.

Only the first login after the revamp. It then automatically replaces your old login with your email address BUT ONLY FOR THE PORTAL LOGIN.

You old login is retained for use in the car. 

Cool thanks, will give it another go still using Username (seems strange they would decide to use 2 different logins but nevermind) would just like to get the connected traffic up and working - is it any good?

Also if you don't mind me asking do you use Wi-fi and hotspot on phone for access or have you managed to get it working through Bluetooth? Dealer seemed to think it would work with Bluetooth (using Iphone 7) but it just gives error code. Would of course be better using Bluetooth in terms of Battery life on phone etc. 

I have a Nexus 6P and connect via Bluethooth tethering, all set to automatically connect. The Connected Services Traffic works really well.

I did try WiFi worked fine but now just use Bluetooth, no particular reason.

My phone is plugged into the USB on long journeys of an hour or more, just so I arrive with a fully charged phone..

• Like 1

Yep, finally got it all up and running last night using the username and Bluetooth. Thank you very much for the help & tips! Finally have traffic updates :)

Some thing that seemed strange - when adding the Bluetooth communication you have to enter your Username & Password for the portal, yet you also have to add the same credentials under Nav (strangely the password on the Nav section gets * out but not under the Bluetooth section)

Also got the following response from Lexus so they might have had an issue at first launch which they fixed:

I have fed back the log into car issue and have received the response that this should be fixed and you will be able to log in using your Lexus ID that can be found under "My Profile".

• Like 1