Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat in LC500 today !!!

lurch

Wow what a car ! I'm currently in Japan on holiday and went to the Toyota factory today on a tour then to their museum where they had a LC and a LFA plus various others. Took a few pictures, you could sit in the LC but not the LFA . Awesome car .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

was lucky enough to get to sit in a LFA, start it a give it a couple of blips on the throttle, unfortunately was not given the chance to take it for a spin.

LC500 looks very nice, will be interesting to see it in the flesh and to see how it drives.

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0382.jpg

• Like 1

That's looks good ! They had a yellow one but you could only look and not open doors, the LC open doors and sit in, all others the RCF etc you could sit in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got myself in a yellow one in Manchester

Have to say I was not that impressed for an 85K car. Some of the finish felt a lot like my CT. Nothing wrong with the CT feeling ofcourse but it doesnt cost 85k!

My previous GS250 felt better quality inside overall.

Perhaps it's that I am getting old and can't appreciate sports cars...

Still hopeful for the LS though

was it a full production model, if you go on Utube there are a few reviews and most say that the cars that they are testing are not full production model's, i think this also included the ones tested in Madrid at the Aracari race track.  

already had 5200 miles and the language was in Spanish I think, so perhaps this may be the reason why?

But what is the point to invite people to see the car if its of lesser quality than the real thing?

It's mainly for the press, they should have explained to you that it's wasn't a finished production car, the RCF's we test drove in Madrid were the same but we were told this, I surprise it's not worth using all the top great materials is the car is only going to be used by the press and for magazine  reviews then scrapped, I believe all 10 RCF,s we drove in Madrid were scraped after being used for 3 weeks, 

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/03/2017 at 11:31 AM, lurch said:

Wow what a car ! I'm currently in Japan on holiday and went to the Toyota factory today on a tour then to their museum where they had a LC and a LFA plus various others. Took a few pictures, you could sit in the LC but not the LFA . Awesome car .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi Phil, Have you also sat in a RC-F, i am trying to determine weather the seating position is lower in the LC than the RC-F, i tend to fall out of the RC so if the LC is even lower ill have to come out on all fours.lol

• 5 weeks later...

Hi mate I have sat in a RCF but that was at Lexus Ipswich a couple years back so not much help as can't remember lol, and my RX sits up high so they are all low to me !!

No problem , thank you for your reply, i have asked the same question on a US forum, they have said it seems easer to get in and out of the LC because the seat bolsters are not so high and the entry scuff plates are also lower, ill find out in a couple of weeks when i test drive the LC.

the red one in your photo, is it a metallic red.

On 4/8/2017 at 5:25 PM, wendle said:

I believe all 10 RCF,s we drove in Madrid were scraped after being used for 3 weeks, 

I am not too sure about that. They do that in US indeed i.e. import pre-production models (or the ones they have not yet decided to introduce in country) as press-examples, because of certification which is like 2mln per model and then scraps them after the real deal gets certified and goes on sale, but I doubt they would scrap £600k worth of inventory in EU, where there are no apparent reason or saving. I am pretty sure they end up as "ex-demo" for resonable discount.

2 hours ago, wendle said:

No problem , thank you for your reply, i have asked the same question on a US forum, they have said it seems easer to get in and out of the LC because the seat bolsters are not so high and the entry scuff plates are also lower, ill find out in a couple of weeks when i test drive the LC.

the red one in your photo, is it a metallic red.

Yep metallic, it was awesome looking, the U.K. Roads are not going to know what hit them when you see one coming down the road ! Lottery win only way for me lol.

let me know how test drive goes....lucky bugger !

i have a 2003 MR2 roadster now that is low and not easy to get out of the LC was easier if I recall.