Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Always suspected a leak since a I got it ( the odd gurgle from behind dash on startup which indicates air in system) but it wasn't serious so did not dig too deep. However, took some parts off at the weekend to have a root around and voila! Classic seeping pump. Have already got the coolant and coolant flush and pump is on the way from USA - great price  - so weekend job coming up. Looks easy enough.

IMG_7920.JPG

Don't forget  If you buy goods online from outside the EU for delivery to the UK, you'll have to pay Customs Duty (if over £120 value) and Import VAT (if over £18) on top of the purchase price (including duties), though Customs Duty is waived if the amount of the calculated duty payable is £7 or less.

The figure of £120 also includes packing charges to make the final price.

I hope the waterpump is easy to get to, we all know that on the cambelted Ls400 it's a mammoth job but the waterpump lasts about 200k + miles  ( touch wood )

well, that's the next mileage time/line that I will be changing mine, when the cambelt is due at the next 100k miles  ( fingers xd )

Malc

Mine has 92k on clock. By all accounts pump is straightforward and I'm fairly handy with the spanners.

Will put some interior shots on the file. As I had just washed it at the weekend and the sun was shining I wanted to get some shots of the caspian sky paintwork. It gets a few comments. It seems to change colour depending on the light and sky colour. V5 document shows it as blue. Have started to work my way around panel by panel removing all tar spots and applying renovator and polish. End result will be worth it. Amazing condition for its age.

• Like 1

Mine has 92k on clock. By all accounts pump is straightforward and I'm fairly handy with the spanners.

Will put some interior shots on the file. As I had just washed it at the weekend and the sun was shining I wanted to get some shots of the caspian sky paintwork. It gets a few comments. It seems to change colour depending on the light and sky colour. V5 document shows it as blue. Have started to work my way around panel by panel removing all tar spots and applying renovator and polish. End result will be worth it. Amazing condition for its age.

A very good price all in, retailing for around £180.00 here in the U.K. the pulley costs more here than what you paid for the pump.

Did you also order the gasket or are you using RTV?

Yes - the metal crush gasket and O ring came with it. Need to torque the 3 different size bolts down - all with different torque setting. Will maybe put a very thin smear of gasket RTV on as a precaution. Plan to do this weekend so will try and get some photos along the way. I will be running coolant flush through the system before hand and replacing coolant.