Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My "new" GS300 MK3 and phone connection.

Hello

So it is a week since I've picked up my GS300 MK3 (05 plate). Everything works nicely except one small but very important for me bit - phone. So - I am actually spending many hours in my car (lot's of business miles) and been able to communicate is a must.

I am experiencing same issue as couple of people on the forum - the voice in the speaker is too quiet. When driving around the town with windows closed, there is a chance for good conversation. But driving anything above 50mph and I can barely hear anyone.  

I've increased volume in unit to MAX, increased BT volume in my phone; even gone to hidden menu in Lexus unit - still nothing. +1 doesn't make any difference, +2 and +3 distort voice.

So now questions:

1. Does anyone here actually solved this problem?

2. Is there an option of redirect voice to all speakers and not only to driver one?

3. Does the latest Sat-Nav DVD helps (I bought one anyway and waiting for delivery)? Anyone have personal experience with that?

4. If all attempts fail - what other solutions are possible (I am not interested in GROM or GTA kits - as they work only in CD mode as far as I understand and I need as much convenience as possible). BT FM Transmitters - we can scrap that idea as well - tried and don't like it.

5. Parrot MKi9200? anyone using it? 

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Some sort of parrot type seperate system is likely a quick and decent fix with honest results. I don't need a phone in car (don't even have a personal mobile, spend too much time talking to folks at work, don't want to do it on way there or back, or at home lol) so can't really comment, but have spent a lot of time and effort trying to work round in car systems that weren't up to scratch in past. Always ended up with going the seperate route or proper Bluetooth extension for car if available as seperate accessory and not built in already.

Where you get new maps dvd - lexus? I need new ones 😐

Hope you get it sorted though and sorry can't help with the system, not got a clue about it. 

On 4/4/2017 at 3:27 PM, Lazyboy said:

I got legit ones. And surprisingly - new maps/software improved bluetooth volume. However still sometimes loosing connection with the phone. So I will be considering Parrot installation.  

Would you be so kind as to PM me the eBay listing please? Many thanks

6 hours ago, olumite said:

Would you be so kind as to PM me the ebay listing please? Many thanks

And me if it's no bother, as need new maps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links