Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have an indi in the chiswick area, been using him since late 1990's, I also am due to book into Grove Brighton for standard cambelt & rollers etc change as that sort of thing grove has the best reputation I have ever heard of. But, for starting probs, I would (I have) use my Chswick area indi, I will say this - if it is the starting motor itself thats the prob then its a big job, the motor is between the cab & the top (or maybe bottom) manifold and cannot be properly accessed to work on without taking the manifold off..........any idea if it is the starter motor or is the engine just turning over & the car not starting??? 

• Like 1

On 29/03/2017 at 9:44 PM, londonlad said:

Can anyone recommend a good garage near Reigate Surrey for my beloved LS400 94

I have intermittent starting problems any help appreciated.

Thanks

If I remember correctly starting problems on the MK2 are often caused by the HT leads failing, and or coil packs.  The MK2 only has two coil packs whereas the later ones have 8. Let us know when you have a diagnosis.

Given Lexus labour charges at £170ish per hour, it would be really useful if this site could set up a category of 'good garages members have used and recommend', maybe by geographical area.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunnybrae said:

That's a good idea, I'm still looking for a good garage in Scotland.

To have the names of services permantly on the LOC would definately get  those services who pay for the privilege upset. To recommend a certain garage etc is OK but anything more than that would be considered advertising.

To recommend a certain garage etc is OK but anything more than that would be considered advertising.

I would not name my west london indi online, but I do mention grove garage brighton sometimes as they are well known and mentioned on here

16 hours ago, Sunnybrae said:

So is this forum run as a business venture or is it here to help fellow Lexus owners? I belong to other forums and must admit that some of the rules on this one are of a very big brother mentality when it comes to selling and advertising.

Have a chat with Steve Barnes who owns this forum about his T&Cs which you agreed too you joined the LOC and tell him what you think of his forum, his email is lexusoc@gmail.com

• Like 1