Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus challenge ! Really?

Fatts

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/lexus-admits-that-it-lacks-allure-of.html?m=1

I actually feel Lexus cars are better or at par overall (speaking as a Merc owner for 15 yrs & a Lexus owner for 8). Lexus Navigation systems are way out of date when compared to the Audi or BMW systems. Just my opinion .

I think lexus are great certain areas like interesting exterior design, build quality, luxury interiors and great dealerships but they fall behind in the driving experience. The need to decide if they are sporty or luxury. Stronger engines and lighter weight are needed to make them sporty though. 

To be honest I'm not sure trying to match the Germans for performance is the right approach, apart from the F range of course. I think most lexus owners would prefer a comfier ride and better fuel economy. 

Ultimately Japanese cars don't have the cache of a German badge to the snobs in the UK and America so they might not ever achieve the same image as them. I'm just happy that a lexus stands out from the crowd 😊

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

but they fall behind in the driving experience. 

most lexus owners would prefer a comfier ride and better fuel economy. 

don't have the cache of a German badge to the snobs in the UK

just happy that a lexus stands out from the crowd 😊

I'm in my sixties and I fall into the comfy/economy camp.  The driving experience is excellent to me, but I don't wish to tear arse around corners with screeching tyres and heavy exhaust note !

The German marques have engendered a sheep-like following in this country and they seem to attract selfish and discourteous drivers in my opinion.

I drove Saabs for many years and Lexus for the last four.  Only got my RX a month ago and virtually every one of my work colleagues (100+) have noticed and commented. That's cachet :thumbup:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I think lexus are great certain areas like interesting exterior design, build quality, luxury interiors and great dealerships but they fall behind in the driving experience. The need to decide if they are sporty or luxury. Stronger engines and lighter weight are needed to make them sporty though. 

To be honest I'm not sure trying to match the Germans for performance is the right approach, apart from the F range of course. I think most lexus owners would prefer a comfier ride and better fuel economy. 

Ultimately Japanese cars don't have the cache of a German badge to the snobs in the UK and America so they might not ever achieve the same image as them. I'm just happy that a lexus stands out from the crowd 😊

Not sure if this is entirely true though.

The 3rd Gen IS has consistently been heralded as one of the best handling cars in its class. I agree, it drives like its on rails! Same with the 4th gen GS. The LC is also getting praise for handling. Im mainly talking about US reviews here because Lexus get crapped on here no matter how good the car is

Also, the GS-F handles better than an M5 thats for sure and I would ultimately say its a better experience - the M5 is sterile and almost clinical in how it drives. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links